vic32

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

vic32

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

there was a programme on the other night about the clyde puffers,they told you puffers were built during the war to service the fleet when it was anchored in the clyde,they were the ideal craft for it ,after the war they were sold on they gradualy disappeared when the puffers went into decline,however vic 32 is still sailing she is owned by a preservation society and this is her leaving largs pier think I took this about two years ago

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: vic32

Post by brian f »

Good photo's Jimmy. I confess i know nothing about boats/ships etc but enjoy the posts about them. When i was up the road a couple of years ago i was taking the family to lunch at the Ship Inn at Irvine when i noticed a boat a bit different tied up on the way. I know now it was a Puffer . Am sure it was in the news quite recently . Yourself would probably know the name of it . :)

Merry Xmas.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Jimmy,

If you're only showing one or two photos it might be better not to use the thumbnails - when you click on them they take you back to the photobucket website which is a bit of a slow drag.

If you resize your images to be 640 pixels wide they fit lovely as you'll see in the Waverley post. I use photoscape which resides on your computer to crop and resize but there are many other such programs.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

yes brian it is indeed a puffer, the programme I mentioned included it in its broadcast, and an old puffer captain was interviewed about his life on the puffers, and the whole interview was taken on board the one in Irvine really sad that they died out but that's progress for you,and also were they all still on the go then there would be no preservation societie's so some good has come out of it,but then I suppose you can say that about a lot of things that disappeared.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

brvhrtjimmy wrote:yes brian it is indeed a puffer, the programme I mentioned included it in its broadcast, and an old puffer captain was interviewed about his life on the puffers, and the whole interview was taken on board the one in Irvine really sad that they died out but that's progress for you,and also were they all still on the go then there would be no preservation societie's so some good has come out of it,but then I suppose you can say that about a lot of things that disappeared.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Hello, James, Hope you are well. I was having a read online- Irvine Times tonight the puffer Spartan is in the news, I cant seem to forward the link about it . If any other member can it would be appreciated.Thanks.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Brian, Here's the link to the story about the puffer Spartan from the Irvine Times :

http://www.irvinetimes.com/news/1438998 ... e_onshore/
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks-Hughie, Such a gentleman you certainly are. :D