Can you make the connection?

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Can you make the connection?

Post by morag »

little plum wrote:
morag wrote:I'd make it happy, few dugs, cats, burdies..grow ma own veggies...
Don't make me laugh, wan night o' the dreaded midge and you would be packing your bags and headin back to the good old US of A. :lol:
I don't remember ever getting bitten in UK but here...right now I'm covered in bites, don't know from what or where or when. Grrr! (scratch, scratch..)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Morag - I can't believe you've never been bitten by midgies. That is a right of passage of any wean paddling in the burn or playing amongst trees. As for me, things that bite or sting fly past George to get to me. Stopped me going to Arran (the world capital of the dreaded midge) in August.

Quite like the American name for midgies - noseeums. Found great protection against the midge recommend by my bil in the US - Avon's Skin So Soft - smells rotten, but does keep those little b*ggers away.

Meg
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Same here ,never been bitten by a midge ,and Glenluce Highland games was a stamping ground for them .Blood to rich //funny

sweet caroline
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Meg wrote:Morag - I can't believe you've never been bitten by midgies. That is a right of passage of any wean paddling in the burn or playing amongst trees. As for me, things that bite or sting fly past George to get to me. Stopped me going to Arran (the world capital of the dreaded midge) in August.

Quite like the American name for midgies - noseeums. Found great protection against the midge recommend by my bil in the US - Avon's Skin So Soft - smells rotten, but does keep those little b*ggers away.

Meg
Meg, I well remember chillblains and heat spots (?) and my wee sis getting a cleg (sp) bite which swelled up, but no bites..right now I'm a connect the dots. Like you, everyone else is fine if I am on the menu..I'm just assuming bloodsuckers are selective..lol!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis