Data

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Data

Post by brian f »

Some new law has been passed and my email box is filling up with companys asking me questions like do you really want to say goodbye press here to keep recieving .What is that all about and does it effect the Threetowners forum.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Data

Post by Bruce »

GDPR, or the General Data Protection Regulation, comes into force on Friday. It is a UK/European law. And it is a good one!

One of the implications is that if an organisation wants to hold information about you, and to use that info to contact you, it needs your explicit permission to do so.

So if you have ended up on some mailing list years ago, the companies have to contact you and ask you to confirm that you still want to receive their communications. If you don’t say “yes", then they should not contact you in future.

Threetowners is interesting, in that the forum is hosted and managed outwith the EU.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I have to do a bit more reading up on this to see how it might impact our board. There is an extension in the RC development stage relating to our software and GDPR which I've been looking at.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

That must be why I,m getting emails asking how I would like to keep in touch with a certain monthly magazine giving you consumers advice.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller