Higher Grade / Stevenston High ???

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Craigdene
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Higher Grade / Stevenston High ???

Post by Craigdene »

Just got to this question!!

I left, what was by then the High School, in the summer of 62. When we 'came up' from the primary in 59 the senior school was still called the Higher Grade. I believe that the change occured when the school collected a fourth year, it was something to do with the taking of Lowers. I left at the end of the third year and did not take Lowers or O levels at the school. So the change must have been around 60/61.

Frank
Marie
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Marie »

Oh I remember it well lol there was a sweet shop oppisite the school then the walk home through the reck!!
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Hi ,
Used to play them at Hockey(KilwinningHigh).Some nearby field,then back to the school for tea.We wore the old pleated dark blue gym slips.Remember one PT teacher wanted too change our socks to above the knee ,very St.Trinians. :roll:

Ellen
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
thehood1947
New Poster
New Poster

Post by thehood1947 »

It was still the higher grade when I left Bradfords College lol in 1962
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

thehood1947 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 am It was still the higher grade when I left Bradfords College lol in 1962
Don't you mean do the boys hall?
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

mckay47 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 am
morag wrote:A side line about the higher grade, the girls, for phys ed, wore big brown knickers! They played across the street from the higher grade in a field back of the old graveyard. Us wee cafflick lassies were appalled, wearing your knickers in public!
Being one of those lassies, I can tell you first hand that we were more appalled, and embarassed than anyone! :oops: LOL. I wonder who it was that decided what we should wear for gym! Anyway Morag, we all were about ready to die from embarassement when the boys from the science class, /woodwork class would look out the window and watch us in the playground........don't remember what we were doing out there....basket ball...maybe. :oops: :oops:
Betty
I remember looking out of the woodwork class window and seeing camel toes and Spud Thomson shouting away from the window.