Re: Stevenston High- List of teachers as I recall

Post by 5siamese7 »

He lives in Corrie.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Mr Dunlop Geography? (Known as All Dun!!)
Lex Dunlop Maths?? (Another nutter with the belt)(I've got a story about that.. maybe for later!!)
John Dunlop taught History,Geography and English and what was to become Modern Studies( I still believe he was the cleverest teacher in the school)
Lex Dunlop taught English, he moved from Ardrossan Academy to become the head of English at Stevenston taking over from a Mr.MacLean ( first name might have been Donald a pretentious erse complete with creepy acolytes )
Ian Snead apart from a Technical and Woodwork Teacher was a Photographer

Mr Collins prior to arriving at Stevenston came from India stayed at the top of MacGaven Park in the 70s
There was a Mr.Whyte........ English ,occasional History and Geography who emigrated to New Zealand
thehood1947
New Poster
New Poster

Post by thehood1947 »

I boots he was the gym teacher he was a real hard case
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Ist and second year he gave you a real hard time after that he didn't bother probably because he knew you would tell your mother. One day in third year he told me I was daft. Me the dux in chemistry I had the knowledge to blow him up.
Mhairi
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Mhairi »

Hi, I am new to this site. Following on from this post, I was wondering if anyone knew if Ronnie Payne, science teacher, is still alive? He was a friend of my father and I was hoping to get in touch. thanks
McAuley
New Poster
New Poster

Post by McAuley »

The Maths Teacher, Mr Malloy slapped my Sister Jean on the head for some reason or other. When she got home and told my Mother she waited outside the School for him the next day and did she give him a telling off . End of subject !!!! In todays education she would have had to go to one Dept. after another , probably end up in jail ha! Ha!

McAuley seems to be my sign on name. My Name is Anne (McLelland ) McBride
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

He had a bad bit about him, someone else posted about it.
He was of course from Saltcoats, it showed
My mother ripped Mrs,MacMillan (Her husband was the bank manager at Nineyard St) in Louis Boyds,
To be honest I think there was a bit of previous(as they say) from their school days