Ardrossan Academy choir, Christmas 1970

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Ardrossan Academy choir, Christmas 1970

Post by down south »

This picture is featuring in the Archive section of Ardrossan Academy website this week, and I thought it might be of particular interest to our members who were a couple of years ahead of me at school, who may well recognise people they knew.

( If they can make them out that is...! even the original A&S Herald photo wasn't of the best quality. One reason why I hadn't attempted to post this before. ).
Ardrossan Academy church concert Christmas 1970.jpg
It shows some of the members of the senior choir who took part in a concert in St Cuthbert's Church just before Christmas 1970. There are only one or two in the picture from my year group, with most being from 4th , 5th and 6th year, and although many of the faces are familiar to me, I can't add many names. But those I can identify I've listed below.

In the group of girls on the left: At back left corner, Mary Wardrop. Middle row, from left; second along, Margaret Brown; third, Catherine Craig ? ; last in row, Marysia Sagan. Front row, Alison Caldwell, Sheena Gordon, Sarah Mortimer, unknown, June McCallum.

Girls seated in centre: Front left, Lyn Robertson; next to her, Elizabeth Morris. Second row, second from right, Sandra Hair.

Boys at the back: many of these are very hard to make out at all, even in the original. But the three at the right-hand end of the front row are ( from L ) Stephen Hayton, Leslie Duncan and Trevor Jones. Behind Stephen Hayton's shoulder on the left is Jimmy Gossman of rugby fame; while at back left corner by what looks like a flag could be James Smith.

Susan