The Ultimate Embarrassment

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

The Ultimate Embarrassment

Post by Jim McCreadie »

NICK KYRGIOS! Petulant, bad tempered, spoiled brat. This sorry excuse for a “professional” sportsman should be banned from all major tournaments and never again selected to represent Australia.

I have lost count of the number of ill-tempered tantrums yet he is permitted to continue playing. A lack of meaningful sanctions against him has led to worsening behaviour. His latest outburst involved swearing and spitting at an Umpire. NO player, no matter their skill level is bigger than the sport they play. Remove their ability to make money and watch how quickly they toe the line!!!

Regardless of the sport involved, ALL players like this waste-of-space need to be put in their place!

Edit: Correct spelling error.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Ultimate Embarrassment

Post by Hughie »

The governing body should do something and not just a fine. He needs to be put out the game. He's an embarrassment and always has been to the sport and to Australia. :evil:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

He is embarrassing, comes across as a ned almost. But is he any different to what John McEnroe was 40 years ago or Nastasie before him. I'm not agreeing with his antics in an way but just saying there have always been petulant players in tennis.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

I understand where you’re coming from Bonzo. Should it not NOW be the time to return to sportsmanlike behaviour? All sporting authorities should to make a stand “This far and no farther!”
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Jim, I agree he can be an embarrassment - but I remember Andy Murray speaking about him and saying that he was a unique talent (he also said he considered him a friend) and Pat Cash agreed saying he needed a mentor who could instil discipline into him - and maybe he might be interested in the job. Watching him when he’s on his game and engaged is thrilling - hopefully he can employ someone who will get him to toe the line - it’s such a waste of amazing talent otherwise.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Thank you for your input Meg. IMHO, he’s had more than sufficient opportunities to amend his behaviour. Sadly, I fear he will be a talent lost due to his inability to exercise self-discipline! At day’s end, HE must WANT to change and we have seen no sign of that!!

For the sake of the game, get him out of the game before aspiring younger players attempt to emulate him and expect their bad behaviour to be treated likewise; a slap on the wrist in terms of earnings and world rankings!

Meh, ‘nuff said. Soap-box stowed.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

There is something wrong with both the ways these young men are being treated. Yes Nick has a lot of talent, needs a mentor both in direction and behaviour.
However, I think its too easy to say that its all one sided. I've seen the umpires egg him on to misbehave.
Tennis Australia also has to look at supporting their athletes. To me they put them out there in the lions den and expect them to be so tolerant of other players irrespective of whether that player is also playing fair. Glad Andy sees him in a good light. Dont think comparing him to Tomic is good either.
We only see what the media allows us to see.