The Open Championship

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

The Open Championship

Post by michaelm »

It's shaping up to be a great weekend for golf fans as we head into the final two rounds at Carnoustie.

Before start of play today there were about 40 player's all within roughly 6 shots or so of the leader's. Was great to see Tommy Fleetwood shoot an absolutely flawless 6 under par 65 yesterday to put himself right up there in contention, but there's still a hell of a lot of golf to be played and the eventual winner could easily come out of nowhere.
Happy for that to be the case though, as I've been getting the impression that the commentator's and analyst's from both Sky's live broadcast team and also the BBC's highlights mob have been shamelessly trying to turn the whole event into some sort of .. Jordan Spieth, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy show. :puter
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Open Championship

Post by michaelm »

Nothing against any of the really big names but it was refreshing to see Italian Francesco Molinari win the Open at Carnoustie on Sunday. The way he played in the final round (16 pars and 2 birdies) just goes to show that keeping bogeys and doubles etc off the scorecard is equally as important as firing in a few birdies.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Annoying that it is not shown on free to air anymore. :evil:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

:-x
Hughie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:33 pm Annoying that it is not shown on free to air anymore. :evil:
That was a disappointment for me as well Hughie. The free to air channels only had highlights each night here as well.
I did manage to find a half decent internet stream to watch it live on though.

The other alternative was BBC Radio 5 Live and that was actually quite good, though obviously it came without pictures.