The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by creamolafoam »

All spfl fixtures cancelled with immediate affect.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Celtic 9 in a row. Hearts - Relegated. What's the latest from up the road ?
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:28 pm Celtic 9 in a row. Hearts - Relegated. What's the latest from up the road ?
You on Peter Lawell’s payroll? Season is null and void, will be lucky if we see another ball kicked this year. More pressing matters I’m afraid
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:28 pm Celtic 9 in a row. Hearts - Relegated. What's the latest from up the road ?
Brian, I think we'll take our lead from this.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/mar/19/j ... -19-190320

It looks like Hearts are in a bad way, Ann Budge looking for players and staff to take a 50% pay cut.
Those wimin were in the nip.
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

During this global virus, I see ‘Null & Void’ appears to be the ‘in’ phrase, desperately latched onto by followers of two clubs in the country, re this SPFL football season.

One of them staring relegation in the face, and the other, lying the length of Hayocks Road, a distant 2nd from the leaders.

However, even if it takes a couple of months into NEXT season, to finish the 2019-20 league fixtures, if that’s what it takes, then so be it.

I’m quite confident this season WILL be competed to a finished.

Then the ‘Null & Void’ fans can do what they usually do at the end of a Scottish football season......self isolate. :mrgreen:
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

peterm1711 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:12 pm During this global virus, I see ‘Null & Void’ appears to be the ‘in’ phrase, desperately latched onto by followers of two clubs in the country, re this SPFL football season.

One of them staring relegation in the face, and the other, lying the length of Hayocks Road, a distant 2nd from the leaders.

However, even if it takes a couple of months into NEXT season, to finish the 2019-20 league fixtures, if that’s what it takes, then so be it.

I’m quite confident this season WILL be competed to a finished.

Then the ‘Null & Void’ fans can do what they usually do at the end of a Scottish football season......self isolate. :mrgreen:
Clutching at straws here. So a couple of months next season to finish this seasons league, then play 20/21 season to god knows when, then followed by Euro 2020 to be played next season. Throw in the Scottish Cup to a finish & the euro play offs & the biggest major factor of all is that nobody knows when a ball will be kicked next!
It’s a null and void season. It’s happened before when the 1939/40 season was abandoned due to the outbreak of war.
But aye, stay confident
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

creamolafoam wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm You on Peter Lawell’s payroll? Season is null and void.
creamolafoam wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:28 pm Clutching at straws here. It’s a null and void season.
Yes, you're definitely clutching at straws, creamolafoam. You've stated twice that this season is 'Null and Void' when there's been nothing even remotely concrete as yet from the SPFL about what they intend to do if the remaining fixtures can't be completed. Can I ask, do you own a Crystal Ball by any chance?
Last edited by Kittywake on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:19 pm
creamolafoam wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm You on Peter Lawell’s payroll? Season is null and void.
creamolafoam wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:28 pm Clutching at straws here. It’s a null and void season.
Can I ask, do you own a Crystal Ball by any chance?

//funny //funny
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Lawwell, Lennon & Sellic punters getting worried & quite rightly so.
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

I’ll stay confident no problem, that the remaining SPFL fixtures for 2019-20, will take place, and no Celtic fans I personally know, are worried at all, well, not the ones I’ve spoken to at least.

The matches certainly won’t, IMHO, be deemed null & void. If they are, I’ll be on immediately to say I got it all very wrong.

There is also a massive difference between the 1939-40 Scottish football season, and this one at present.

When the league was declared null & void at the outbreak of WW2, only FIVE matches of that season had actually taken place. This time, the season is nearly over, with only a handful of fixtures yet to be played. So it’s no comparison whatsoever, and nowhere even remotely close the same situation.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Seems to be a lot of aggro up the road with regards to the outcome of this year's SPL- Celtic champs - Hearts relegated?
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:31 pm Seems to be a lot of aggro up the road with regards to the outcome of this year's SPL- Celtic champs - Hearts relegated?
Nearly a thousand people dying per day in the UK, so I don’t give a monkeys about football at this time. I personally think I will be extremely lucky to be back inside ibrox this year.