Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by brian f »

Sound- bonzo i get that . 8)
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

bonzo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:34 pm Hahaha, rangers but I really can take or leave it these days can't be bothered with all the baggage.
What is this ‘baggage’ you talk of?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I think you know. I stopped going in the early 80s I got fed up hearing about things that were old and beautiful or guarding walls across the water. Not for me.
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

bonzo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:13 pm I think you know. I stopped going in the early 80s I got fed up hearing about things that were old and beautiful or guarding walls across the water. Not for me.
When was the last time you visited Ibrox park for a Rangers game?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Last rangers game I went to was at rugby park about maybe 10 or 12 years ago. Friends from Australia wanted to go. Previous to that was the Scottish cup final in 1982. Why do you ask?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Aye-bonzo, I can't see anybody crying about his departure.
Jack Ross the previous manager of St Mirren seems to be doing a good job at Sunderland.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The League Cup - Semi-Finals.

Playing both Scottish League Cup semi-finals at Hampden on the same day is the "craziest thing", "beyond belief" and "madness", says Hearts manager Craig Levein.

Aberdeen meet Rangers at 12:00 GMT on Sunday, 28 October, before Hearts play Celtic at 19:45 in Glasgow.

Organisers say it is "the best solution" because both Old Firm clubs have Europa League games on 25 October.

Source- BBC Sport

What do you think about that ??
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Absolute nonsense Brian, on a Sunday the first train fae Aberdeen disnae get to Queen St until 12.15 if the late game goes tae penalties and you don't live in Glasgow your f..... Out of luck fans mean nothing :evil:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I was thinking the same bonzo- The logistics could well prove to be a nightmare if not sorted beforehand.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Update on the League Cup -Semi-Finals.

Hearts' Scottish League Cup semi-final against Celtic has been moved to Murrayfield and will kick-off at 13:30 GMT on 28 October.

And Aberdeen v Rangers will take place on the same day at Hampden at 16:30.

Both matches were originally scheduled to take place in Glasgow with an early afternoon start for the Dons' meeting with Rangers and an evening kick-off for Hearts v Celtic.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers described the process "as unfair".

And the club said in a statement that not holding a ballot to decide which tie should be played in Edinburgh was "irrational and discriminatory".

"I don't mind where we play," said Rodgers, whose side have won the tournament over the past two seasons. "I've been disappointed with the process. You have to be fair to all four teams and for all sets of supporters.

"It just feels as if it's assumed that Celtic and Hearts should go to Murrayfield. And if we're talking about a neutral venue then it's certainly not neutral with Hearts, having played part of their season there last year.

"I've never been to Murrayfield in my life. I would hope that we would at least have the possibility to train there at some point before we would play a semi-final there."

Dons expect 50-50 ticket split in semi
Both games can only be played on the Sunday at the earliest as both Celtic and Rangers have Europa League fixtures on Thursday, 25 October.

When the semi-final fixtures were originally announced last week, Hearts and Aberdeen stated their concerns about travel arrangements for supporters with both games taking place on a Sunday with reduced public transport provision.

And the Scottish Police Federation's general secretary said it would be "idiotic" to stage both games in Glasgow on the same day.

Hampden Park Limited waived its right to host both games and tournament organisers the Scottish Professional Football League looked to move one of the games to Murrayfield, which hosts Scotland and Edinburgh rugby matches and was also the venue for four Hearts home games last season during Tynecastle's renovation.

'An extremely challenging and complex process'
An SPFL spokesman said: "In reaching our decision, we have consulted with Hampden Park, the Scottish FA, Scottish Rugby, Police Scotland, Transport Scotland via the Scottish Government and with the four clubs involved.

"A wide variety of issues have been considered, including the ability of local transport networks to safely and efficiently handle the flow of fans from all four teams to and from the stadia.

"As everyone now understands, this has been an extremely challenging and complex process, due in large part to a lack of alternative fixture slots."

The league body added "it simply is not possible to satisfy the preferences of all parties involved" and that ticket allocations will be announced "in the next few days".

And Hearts forward Steven Naismith commented on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound: "As a player, changes don't really affect us.

"I think I said at the time common sense should prevail. If somebody's made a mistake, just rectify it and move on. It seems to be what's happened and it kind of suits everybody, I think.

SOURCE-BBC SPORT.

The Celtic fans must be going Mental about this...
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

brian f wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:15 pm Update on the League Cup -Semi-Finals.

The Celtic fans must be going Mental about this...
The better team usually wins on the day, wherever the venue is.

That said though, I think Celtic FC. made a very good point about asking for a simple draw to decide which of the two ties were to be moved from Hampden in Glasgow to Murrayfield in Edinburgh ...