Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Football Team.

Post by brian f »

Scotland vs Slovenia
World Cup Qualifiers Group stage
Tomorrow, 19:45
Hampden Park, Glasgow

bonzo, are you going to this game ? and do you fancy our chances. kick off is a strange time...
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Aye I'll be there to be honest I can see it far enough :(. This is fifas week of football no thought for the fans, it's OK for us as we're only half an hour back hame. But we know people from Peterhead and they have got to spend the night in Glasgow and a day off on Monday.

As for the game I've just got a funny feeling we'll sneak it we will have 4 or 5 celtic players back in the team and they'll make a big difference also hopefully he'll play 2 up front preferably Griffiths and Rhodes.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Happyish, played well in the first half. Griffiths going off seemed to take our attacking options away but 3 points are 3 points.
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

bonzo wrote:Happyish, played well in the first half. Griffiths going off seemed to take our attacking options away but 3 points are 3 points.
Huffed and puffed and got the victory in the end but you can't help getting that feeling that we have only delayed the inevitable. The 20,000 crowd tells its own story, the punters have lost belief.
I'm not sure how much it cost tonight but Wednesdays game was £22...for a friendly, that shows how out of touch those running our game are. Surely it would have made more sense to distribute a load of free tickets to schools and community groups?
Last edited by GEODGC on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I bought a season ticket which works out at £36 per game but I think if you buy them individually it's around £42.

Totally agree with you GEOGDC that we are delaying the inevitable but at least it now gives us a bit of interest in the England game.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Scotland, at last, got that wee bit of luck that was deserved on the night. Stuart Armstrong must have been delighted with his performance. Fine debut, & should be regular from now on. And a special mention has to go to Chris Martin. After being booed onto the pitch ( which, not for the first time by a disgraceful section of the tartan army), scored the all important winner which keeps our faint hopes alive.
Especially after a Leigh Griffiths sitter in the first half, now no goals in 12 appearances for him, I was really pleased for Martin.
Our forward line is a real worry though. martin, fletcher, griffiths, rhodes, mccormack & naismith are all honest hardworking guys but to be relied on to get us to russia has got failure written all over it.
Scotland need a win against our old enemy to breathe life into our qualification chances. Hope we do it. Good luck Scotland
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo-Can you see a mad scramble for tickets for the England game
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I think it will sell out brian, for the simple reason it's a Scotland England game and it's a Saturday afternoon. This will be the 4th time we've played them in as many years the novelty is wearing off again.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

brian f wrote:bonzo-Can you see a mad scramble for tickets for the England game
bonzo wrote:I think it will sell out brian, for the simple reason it's a Scotland England game and it's a Saturday afternoon. This will be the 4th time we've played them in as many years the novelty is wearing off again.
Let me do the maths bonzo - 20.000 at the game the other night, Hampden holds about 50.000 :roll: 10.000 English fans will be coming ,so that leaves 20.000 tickets for hippocrits ...just because it's England.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I'm pretty sure England will get about 5K tickets. Don't think it's a hypocritical thing hampden very rarely sells out, you just get a load of big game hunters.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

https://goo.gl/images/RROhRp
England v Scotland 1903 in Sheffield, all linesmen should wear kilts :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

After a 3-2 defeat by the Czechs midweek in the toulon tournament today our under 20s beat Brazil 1-0. I can't think of us beating Brazil at any level before.