Forever Lost, forever gone

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Forever Lost, forever gone

Post by Penny Tray »

I’ve just finished reading FOREVER LOST, FOREVER GONE by PADDY JOE HILL.

Many of you may remember the author – the small, fiery Irishman roaring at the top of his voice outside the Old Bailey, having just, along with the others who comprised the BIRMINGHAM SIX, won his appeal against conviction; small consolation after almost 17 years behind bars, where, because of the nature of the bombing of two crowded Birmingham bars by the IRA, his treatment at the hands of the police, prison authorities, Judiciary, and the ‘establishment’ in general, was less than congenial, not to mention, as I’m sure you’ll appreciate, the negative impact on his wife, young family, and parents, whose homes remained in Birmingham where feelings always ran high.

A good read, made all the more interesting for me because I’ve met Paddy Joe Hill.

https://www.thejournal.ie/soon-birmingh ... 6-Mar2016/
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Forever Lost, forever gone

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray, As you probably know the Guildford pub bombings took place a month before the Birmingham pub bombings in 1974. The persons convicted were called the Guildford 4 and the Maguire Seven . This was also a great British injustice as this BBC programme proves.

A Great British Injustice airs on Monday, 19 November at 21:00 BST on BBC One Northern Ireland. It will also be shown on BBC Two on Sunday, 25 November at 22:00 BST.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46255575
Last edited by brian f on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Thanks for that Brian, I've made a note of the Sunday night programme. I'm keen to see it.

And if anyone is interested, Paddy Joe Hill, the author of "Forever Lost, Forever Gone," has previously given a very interesting interview on HARDTALK, which is available on YouTube.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:25 pm Thanks for that Brian, I've made a note of the Sunday night programme. I'm keen to see it.

And if anyone is interested, Paddy Joe Hill, the author of "Forever Lost, Forever Gone," has previously given a very interesting interview on HARDTALK, which is available on YouTube.
Penny Tray- After watching the Hardtalk interview, i can fully understand his CORROSIVE ANGER, when you watch the Maguire Seven documentary which i should have declared is available for the next 28 days on the BBC i Player- you will understand why Patrick Maguire who was only 13 at the time of his wrongful arrest has the same issues.

Is Paddy Joe Hill now a resident of Glasgow ?
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

brian f wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 am
Penny Tray wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:25 pm
Is Paddy Joe Hill now a resident of Glasgow ?
Brian,

I don't know for sure, but I think he lives in rural North Ayrshire. Wherever it is, I think he deserves whatever privacy he seeks there. Having said this he clearly doesn't live the life of a recluse, and, if by chance you happen to bump into him, as I did, I think you'll find him very engaging and, if he chooses, able to talk about his horrendous prison experience which extended over 16 years, not to mention the personal ramifications that followed. His book says it all.