What's the latest movie you've seen?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What's the latest movie you've seen?

Post by bonzo »

Watched the take last night. Set in Paris around a fake terrorist plot and stars idris Elba as a rogue CIA agent. Lots of guns and skeeching tyres, far fetched but some nice shots of the city and if you've ever been they are quite recognisable.
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

SKYFALL, the James Bond movie. Seen it already but it's still nice to see the views of what I presume is Rannoch Moor, in Bonnie Scotland, but it may well have been shot in Ireland, like so many other films. The film in which Judy Dench is killed. Daniel Craig is amazingly fit, running almost like a robot. Tonight they are showing SPECTRE which I haven't seen. Happy Easter to you all!
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Far from the Madding Crowd, I often think Hardy should have been put on antidepressants. Its all doom and gloom. The vivacious Bathsheba finishes up with the most boring man in the world.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Suite Francaise its so emotionally complex or maybe not . People caught up in an artificial world where the normal rule of law has gone. Love your enemy although they occupy your country and impose Marshal law. Maybe just human beings who are attracted to each other and just fall in love. All of this compounded with the round up of the Jews. How do you cope with this? Watch it if you dare.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm Far from the Madding Crowd, I often think Hardy should have been put on antidepressants. Its all doom and gloom. The vivacious Bathsheba finishes up with the most boring man in the world.
I don't remember it as being depressive, enjoyed the book and the film, unusual for me as usually if I read a book first, the film version disappoints me...but then I like Sartre and similar authors..my big sis thought I was weird. :roll:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

morag wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:51 pm
5siamese7 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 pm Far from the Madding Crowd, I often think Hardy should have been put on antidepressants. Its all doom and gloom. The vivacious Bathsheba finishes up with the most boring man in the world.
I don't remember it as being depressive, enjoyed the book and the film, unusual for me as usually if I read a book first, the film version disappoints me...but then I like Sartre and similar authors..my big sis thought I was weird. :roll:
Well Morag its hardly cheery stuff. Sergeant Troy loses the love of his life and she a very young woman is buried in the local churchyard with his dead child. Bathshebe sees the love of hey life shot dead in front of her. Maybe she will be happy with boring Mr Oak but its hard to imagine.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I'll not bother watching it now :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

bonzo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:51 pm I'll not bother watching it now :lol:
Yes well Bonzo that's the cheery attitude that got all those Tommies through those two stupid wars.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Saw "Bad Moms 2". Out of control mums at Xmas.

Preferred the first one but it passed an afternoon having a wee rest after my wee swimming accident.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
madge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by madge »

Just watched Legend about the Krays with Tom Hardy. Excellent.

Madge
Trust in God but row away from the rocks
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

The man with the golden gun. (James Bond)

A very elegant Roger Moore and a very young and pretty Barbara Bach who went on to become Ringo Starrs second Wife. Christopher Lee played the baddie ( a change from Dracula). Oldie but goodie.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yes Roger Moore was something else. He Admitted that he liked to drink a lot. He famously saved the magnum ice cream which I also love.