What's the latest movie you've seen?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What's the latest movie you've seen?

Post by Vivc113 »

It was reasonable. Very deep though. Good for a rainy day but wouldn't rave about it.

I will be giving it to DEBRA in Stevenston later, along with a bag full of DVDs.

Will have to see Wrong Turn 1 first (!!) :lol:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

THE GRADUATE with Dustin Hoffman to celebrate his 80th birthday. Still a great film.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I watched the Big Sleep the other day and I love this film a hundred times over and that probably is the number of times I've seen it . Bogie has been in a greenhouse talking to this orchid lover and he then goes to see the guys daughter played by Lauren Bacall. He is absolutely covered in sweat and she say, your a mess aren't you and he says i'm not very tall either maybe i'll come in stilts next time. (previously he had met her sister who told him he wasn't very tall) Great stuff.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Chariots of fire. The true story of Scottish missionary and athlete Eric Liddell. Wonderful costumes, scenery, cast, and as an expat seeing the partecipation of the pipe bands now and then was marvellous. No wonder it won so many oscars. I haven't opened the second dvd, probably will be about his life in China after he gave up running. :clap:
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yes a great movie, as you know Liddle was played by Ian Charleson who had a wonderful voice sadly taken from us too soon. The film went down a storm in Japan as does our whisky.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Went to see 'Dunkirk' the other day. It was OK though probably incorrect historically with soldiers waiting in a sort of orderly single file on the beach. But the amazing bravery of the sailors in the fortilla of small ships leaving the calm of their home ports risking their lives to rescue troops trapped between superior enemy fire power and the sea made for a terrific story.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

meekan wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:37 pm Went to see 'Dunkirk' the other day. It was OK though probably incorrect historically with soldiers waiting in a sort of orderly single file on the beach. But the amazing bravery of the sailors in the fortilla of small ships leaving the calm of their home ports risking their lives to rescue troops trapped between superior enemy fire power and the sea made for a terrific story.
Bobby and I saw Dunkirk a week ago. We agree that they would not have lined up like that. I had to make Bobby promise not to say all the way through it that they hadn't got the facts right. He has a habit of that.lol
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Far from the Maddening Crowd and its on the tele right now. Bathsheba a wonderful woman who would turn many a man's head finishes up with Gabriel Oak the most boring man you could meet and how long would that last?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Spoiller alert please :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Watched The Count of Monte Cristo last night. The one with Richard Chamberlain and the end was sad but it was hard to believe looking at Edmund's face that these two will forever be apart.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

A film I am rather fond of is "Oh What a Lovely War" and it has been shown twice recently on tele. We cannot but look at the mad decisions taken but with contempt. Occasionally deeper truths emerge in films when the industrialist with his big glass of whisky speaks about the fortune he will make by producing tin hats.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Watched Sully at the weekend - Sully being Capt Sullenberger who was the US Airways pilot who landed his passenger plane on the Hudson River in 2009, saving all 155 souls on board. Great movie, would recommend - Tom Hanks played a stormer.