Where have you encounterd a threetowner?

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where have you encounterd a threetowner?

Post by Meg »

PT, I remember you telling this story one cold February night when we were planning the homecoming events in the Grants. Like you brian f I laughed til it hurt then, and it remains soooooo funny in the retelling still. I reckon between us, the 3ts have a book to write!

Meg
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Meg,

It's a coincidence that this topic should resurface now. I was at a Burns Supper last night and at the end of the evening, when questioned about football experiences, found myself repeating the story from Amsterdam. This led on to me telling a group of football enthusiasts, enjoying a wee dram at the end of the evening whilst waiting for taxis, about having to interview a man amidst one of the maelstroms that affect Scottish football from time to time regarding bigotry and sectarianism.

At the end of this interview, knowing this individual well, I asked how his 15 month old son was faring, and ventured to suggest that he and his wife might now be thinking of a wee brother or sister for the wean. "That's no' possible", he says, "My wife cannie have weans." "I don't understand", I said, "Surely, she's already had one?". "Aye", he said, but no without a UVF injection."

He clearly had his UVF's (Ulster Volunteer Force) mixed up with his IVF's (In Vitro Fertilisation).
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Lol! ...eek!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I think that's got to be the Freudian slip to beat all Freudian slips. A classic.

JD
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

On another thread, I've been telling about our Burns night.

It's maybe stretching it a wee bit, but Louise who gave the reply for the Lassies is a distant Hunter from Hunterston; (married to).

She was telling me that Lady Hunter died in the middle of December. Surprised there was no mention in the ASH.

JD.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

I’m going to bump this topic - apart from a few hilarious incidents being posted, it’s a good opportunity for some of our newer members to maybe post their story ....

Meg
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

In the mid 90s I was sitting in a bar in magaluf, an older lady came up to me and said excuse me son but do you drink in the grants?
Turned out she was one of my best mates aunties. She then preceded to tell me my mate was going to become a dad. So when I got home from holiday I told him he was becoming a dad before he told me.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

bonzo wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:27 pm In the mid 90s I was sitting in a bar in magaluf, an older lady came up to me and said excuse me son but do you drink in the grants?
Turned out she was one of my best mates aunties. She then preceded to tell me my mate was going to become a dad. So when I got home from holiday I told him he was becoming a dad before he told me.
//funny
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".