Jim Higgins

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
mike mccann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Jim Higgins

Post by mike mccann »

Does anyone rememberJim. He played for Winton Rovers and was a long throw expert.
He was signed by Raith Rovers but did not break through. I used to see him on the Glasgow train and remember him telling me that during a game against Celtic reserves who included Charlie Tully at the time , Jim had the ball and was being chased by Charlie who shouted for him to pass it to the right. Good advice Jim told me with Charlie dispensing tips to the Young Raith team .
Mike
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Jim Higgins

Post by Penny Tray »

Mike,

I reckon he last played for the Winton Rovers in 1956 or thereabouts. To avoid paying, I was beginning to climb over the wall from the Winton School playground about that time, but I don't remember him.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Penny Tray wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 pm
To avoid paying, I was beginning to climb over the wall from the Winton School playground about that time,
And you had the gall to join the polis !!! //funny
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

John Donnelly wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 am
Penny Tray wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 pm
To avoid paying, I was beginning to climb over the wall from the Winton School playground about that time,
And you had the gall to join the polis !!! //funny
who didnt jump over the wall into or out of winton park, at one time it was a means of escape but i always got caught..... and auld pat breen made me stay to the end //funny
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns