The Dubbs Rd

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Dubbs Rd

Post by stivis »

The last time I tried you could get through,which was about a year ago.I looked on Google Earth and it appears to be passable
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

I also accessed Todhill approx I year ago. I am however informed that it is now closed from Stevenston direction. Ta for response.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

At that time I thought it was more to "frighten off" any users, as an aside Todhill have tractors and plant which will use the road,but how far Todhill's land extends on the Stevenston side .I don't have a clue.
It does go as far as the Blacklands and Pennyburn(or it did!)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

It's supposed to be getting blocked in the middle somewhere. So I take it todhill will be accessed from the Kilwinning side. I cycled along there last week and it's still open.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

The traffic order to close it to motorised vehicles has been granted but not yet implemented. The council has had ongoing discussions with landowners to construct turning areas each side of the road closure. They are also finalising the closure design in a way that will not impede bikes, horses or wheelchairs.

I believe there is to be a barrier near the railway bridge, which will be installed early summer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 0802 »

Bruce wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:47 pm The traffic order to close it to motorised vehicles has been granted but not yet implemented. The council has had ongoing discussions with landowners to construct turning areas each side of the road closure. They are also finalising the closure design in a way that will not impede bikes, horses or wheelchairs.

I believe there is to be a barrier near the railway bridge, which will be installed early summer
I was down there today there are signs stating permanent closure of the road as of April 2019 just need the bridge.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Noticed this today. The sooner the better, sometimes if you are walking or cycling it between 4 and 5pm during the week it's murder with cars and work vans.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Thats good news for cyclists, walkers, and horses....

I was nearly taken out a couple of weeks ago on that road by a daftie in a white van
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 0802 »

Bruce wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:51 pm Thats good news for cyclists, walkers, and horses....

I was nearly taken out a couple of weeks ago on that road by a daftie in a white van
Is there to be a barrier that will block all road traffic but allow pedestrians, cyclists etc to use the road?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Yes I think it is to be at the railway bridge. I take it there will be a gap in the barriers for walkers/cyclists/horses.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I was speaking to the guy at the council who’s coordinating this - the delay has partly been to do with purchasing the adjacent land to build a turning head. I don’t know what the final design of the barrier is going to be - we should find out soon - but it needs to be flexible enough to stop cars etc, but allow bikes, trikes, prams, wheelchairs and horses through.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

That seems incredibly stupid,some of the land is ICI's, some of it is the councils.
There is enough room within the road area...........but the nuggets in the council are going to buy more land???....and they are skint hold on new budget in April