Tragic Fire at Seafield School - 1952

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
sheenaj
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Tragic Fire at Seafield School - 1952

Post by sheenaj »

Sad demise of a beautiful listed building.Hope they find the fire monger responsible!
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

sheenaj wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 pm Sad demise of a beautiful listed building.Hope they find the fire monger responsible!
Do Quarries still own the building or the council?
Just seems so sad that these beautiful buildings are let to go to rack and ruin. Why can't council develop them into flats and sell/rent them to those who have limited funds. They'd soon recoup their monies.
VirtualHunterston
Settling In
Settling In

Post by VirtualHunterston »

School Holidays = everyone knows kids start school fires during that time, its been going on for years.

Was the building not getting demolished anyway, looking at this image it looks like a lot been knocked down.

sheenaj
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sheenaj »

I think this was the home my Aunt Edith Parker worked in as cook. That would be in the 1950's when ,on the death of her Husband, moved to Scotland to be near my Mum-Mary Stewart. I have a photo of her playing with some of the children on the slide in the outdoor play area.
Pity the site,and perhaps some of building could not be used for the new Ardrossan Academy building. shame to leave this place in such ruins.