Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Hughie »

Hi Welcome!

Once you've registered as a member of our community forum please consider introducing yourself. You will be made most welcome.

I'm Hughie McCallum, one of the folk who help to keep the threetowners forum running. I was born and grew up in Ardrossan before migrating to Australia with my wife who is from Stevenston.

My Dad, Hugh McCallum was born and raised in Saltcoats as was his father, James Kelly McCallum. My Great grandfather Hugh McCallum, was born in Kilwinning in 1860 - like me he married a Stevenston lass. My Mum Susan (Boyce) McCallum was born and raised in Ardrossan.

Hughie McCallum ~ Bellarine Peninsula, Australia
Last edited by Hughie on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
angiemcs
New Poster
New Poster

A wee bit about me - Angeline McSorley (McGee)

Post by angiemcs »

Hi I'm originally from Stevenston, I went to St John's until 1969 and then on to St Michael's until 1974. I married Danny McSorley from Saltcoats - also St Michaels - in 1979, we moved about a bit and then settled in Neilston East Renfrewshire in 1983. We had 6 children, now aged between 23 and 11. Sadly Danny died in April 2000. I'm still living in Neilston with all 6 children -who show no signs of moving out!
Ian
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ian »

Hi Brought up for first five years at 121 New Street Stevenston (above Gourlays) then moved to Ardrossan(Anderson Terrace) then to Saltcoats(Argyll Rd) before getting married and moving away in 1972
Went to Ardrossan Academy.Now retired and living in France.
joantoyboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

where i live

Post by joantoyboy »

my name is joan(kelly} murphy originally from ireland thento saltcoats , married tommy murphy from irvine haveb 4 children 2girls 2 boys moved to the usa 1963 have many gchildren, sadly tommy passed away 1994, i am now in lasvegas my younges son and his4 bchildren live with me ,never a dull moment. joan
joantoyboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: where i live

Post by joantoyboy »

joantoyboy wrote:my name is joan(kelly} murphy originally from ireland thento saltcoats , married tommy murphy from irvine haveb 4 children 2girls 2 boys moved to the usa 1963 have many gchildren, sadly tommy passed away 1994, i am now in lasvegas my younges son and his4 bchildren live with me ,never a dull moment. joan
forgot tto add i went to st., marys then the central(st., peters} pat traynor was my favourite teacher at school my pal was mary mcnairney.
ellenyoung31
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

re where I Live

Post by ellenyoung31 »

Hi Group, I was brought up in Saltcoats, and went to Saltcoats
Public School. now I live out side Edinburgh.
Ellen Young. (McLelland)
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi my name is Joyce Miller. ( Moore ) I lived down the bottom end of Stevenston, then moved to Campbell Ave., when I got married.
I went to Stevenston Higher Grade 1951/61 roughly.
I married Andy Miller from Saltcoats and moved to Canada in 1980, with 2 kids and 7 suitcases. We now have a 7 month old grandson, Devin.
westendcafe
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by westendcafe »

My name is John Donnelly and I was raised in Saltcoats and left in 1979 to come and do missionary work here in England. I went to St Mary's in Saltcoats before going to St Michael's, Kilwinning - we were the first First Year at the new school building in Kilwinning.
Ann Thomson (nee McEwan)
New Poster
New Poster

Places of abode

Post by Ann Thomson (nee McEwan) »

Hi my name is Ann, lived at 25 Raise st...across from Mary Burns wee shop, and above the butchers and grocers till 1950, then moved to Rosa Pl. Saltcoats till 1960. Emigrated with family to New York then New Jersey. Met a fellow from Pollok and married in N.Y. 1968, then moved to Brooklyn where my elder son was born. We returned to East Kilbride 1973, where I still live. Went to Kyleshill then Public school, left 1957.
Anne Mathieson
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Anne Mathieson »

My name is Anne Mathieson, born in Busbie Drive and moved to St Andrew's Road, Ardrossan. Went to school at Ardrossan Ailsa Gardens Annexe, Central School and then on to St Michael's, Irvine. I moved to London in 1967 and then on to Bracknell in Berkshire in 1980 where I still live. I was married to an englishman for 15 years, now divorced and have three grown up kids. I work for the Mental Health Charity, East Berkshire Mind in Maidenhead. Hope to return to Scotland one day! Love to keep up to date with the news through the Three Towns website!
caca_52
Settling In
Settling In
Location: Albion Park Rail NSW-Australia, originally Ardrossan

POLL

Post by caca_52 »

Hi Anne

I read that you lived in St Andrews Rd, I also lived there till '64 when we left for Australia. I was born in Castle Rd then we moved with my Nanny to St Margarets Rd till we got the house in St Andrews Rd, number 14.I was only 12 when we migrated. :)

Carol Taylor
BeamLegend
New Poster
New Poster

Post by BeamLegend »

I live in the 3 towns and have for all my life.