Do they still bother?

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Do they still bother?

Post by hahaya2004 »

I found this long forgotten photo when I was looking for ones of the Saltcoats "skyline". This was the first picture I took with my first camera, a Kodak Brownie 127 (what else), in 1961. Unfortunately it's black and white :( and doesn't show how lovely everything looked. I wonder what it looks like now.....
Scannen0002.jpg
Last edited by Hughie on Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from 'My Photos' to 'Threetowners' Photo Album'.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Do they still bother?

Post by georgersweir »

Looks like a nice photo Irene, with 'Saltcoats' picked out (in flowers?) on the right, but I don't understand the significance of your topic title: 'Do they still bother?'.
I'm still saving up for a signature.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Sorry George :oops:
I meant does the council, or whoever is responsible, still bother to have the flowers planted?

Irene

p.s. third try at posting this.......
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
George Ardrossan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by George Ardrossan »

Irene

North Ayrshire Council still plants flowers and some are very near where the 1961 photo was taken.

In 2009, it built the brick structure shown below and made a floral display to commemorate the centenary of Ardrossan Scouts. The words are 'ARDROSSAN SCOUTS Be prepared. 1909 - 2009'.

Last year, there was another flower arrangement with the Council's logo and the words 'North Ayrshire Council Building a Better North Ayrshire'.

There is currently a display at the Civic Centre in Ardrossan.

George
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Thank you for the photos and information, George. The flowers are lovely. :D
Irene
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Irene, I remember while serving my moulding apprenticeship at Winton Foundry Ardrossan, older fellow apprentices, Jim MacIntyre and Ronnie Yuille making the bowl of the fountain you see there in your photo - that would have been around 1958.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Hughie,

By coincidence I was looking at a photo only this week which included Ronnie Yuille and Jim Macintyre as young members of the 1138 Air Training Corps which was based at Ardrossan Academy.

Ronnie is extreme left in the front row, Jim is extreme right.
Attachments
1138%20ATC[1].jpg
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.