ASH Intimations [BDMs] 1960-69 Release and Volunteers for In

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Alex Hughes
Settling In
Settling In

ASH Intimations [BDMs] 1960-69 Release and Volunteers for In

Post by Alex Hughes »

IMPORTANT! THESE RESOURSES NO LONGER EXIST. SEE THIS TOPIC : https://www.threetowners.net/forum/view ... 21#p180321
=============================================================================================================
Hi Folks,

The fourth (partial) section of the Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald Intimation database is now complete. It now covers 1960 - 1969 with another 56,000 entries.

Visit: http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/ash.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to join to gain access and membership is free. If you already have an account just login as usual. If joining for the first time, please make sure your email address is accurate or you will not be able to verify it.

Volunteers:

The intimations list all Births Death Marriages listed in the paper from 1857 to date. Not only do they cover the Three Towns and other parts of Ayrshire as well but many events occurring overseas are placed as well - listing family back home and abroad.

You will be able to index at home - all you need is access to a spreadsheet like Excel/Works/Access or a word Processing program like Word. The index will be put online in a similar format to the Poor Relief Index. It will list surname/forename/date/location/event/misc

A template will be sent to show how to fill in the columns with some examples. It is very easy and anyone can do this at home. No travelling and no access at FHC or LHUs needed.

If you are interested, drop me a line off-list at: alex@victoria-road.co.uk
and I`ll get back in touch with more information.

tata

Alex
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ASH Intimations [BDMs] 1960-69 Release and Volunteers for In

Post by Hughie »

If you've connections with the three towns and there's been an event in your family such as a Birth, Death or marriage in the periods already recorded, you may be in for a pleasant surprise. You are likely to find details on your family you weren't aware of - maybe even the recording of your own birth. :shock:

I commend this project to you and thank Alex and his volunteers for the marvelous work they've done.
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

I must have applied to use the database a few years ago but I have forgotten my username - never mind the password! I cant find my way back in. What do I do please? Alistair
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Ali,
Click on one of the icons above on the right next to Alex's post. You should have a choice to PM or e-mail him through the system.
:puter
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

thanks Hughie - I'm waiting on a reply from him. Wee Ali
Alex Hughes
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Alex Hughes »