Magnesia House in 1851 census

For those researching family in the three towns area.
ozzyliz
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Magnesia House in 1851 census

Post by ozzyliz »

Thankyou hahaya2004, Penny Tray and Manbear for your interesting replies.
I found "Magnesia Houses" on an online map, also.

Unfortunately, by referencing the newspaper article (Jan 2017) I have led you all astray. The houses found are in Saltcoats ? ... and my census reference was to an 1851 residence in Irvine.

There was the Park family at "Factory"; then the George Pauline family at "Stewarts Hall" (he the Rector of Irvine Academy) with some scholars; then the Robert Smith family (occup noted as farmer, 50 acres); then my Spence family at "Magnesia House" (with no other families listed there); then John Rankin, a JP and Bowker (Joint stock), at Heathfield.

So .. somewhere in Irvine .. and the current position of a property "Heathfield" may offer a suggestion.

Very interesting reading the replies and many other very informative articles on this site. So thankful to have been able to join.

best wishes .. Liz
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Ozzyliz,

I'm maybe misunderstanding you or vice versa, the latest map I've introduced shows Magnesia House in Irvine, near Heathfield.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Penny Tray wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm hahaya,

It's on this map, directly above the Irvine Academy, which would make it in close proximity to Heathfield House.

https://maps.nls.uk/view/74491863
Great find, PT. :D
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
ozzyliz
New Poster
New Poster

Post by ozzyliz »

Penny Tray .. I am so sorry ... I didn't even see the last two replies previous to my last post. How that happened ???
YES ! Thankyou so much for your persistence :D :D :D ... I hunted all over the maps on nls and didn't come across this map.

I do have another question but will start a new query rather than spoil this rather well resolved one ! I now have both the 1841 and 1851 addresses actually on maps !! ..so lucky.

Thankyou again .. Liz