Arthur Hughes

For those researching family in the three towns area.
angusbag
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Arthur Hughes

Post by angusbag »

The above is my gtgtgt grandfather, bit of a long time mystery, but DNA results show a high result in Ayrshire. So, I will put down what I've got. There's an Arthur Hughes born Ireland abt 1785, wife aylis/Alice,hastie /hardie according to his death cert, dgt Mary Anne married ? Stevenson and had son isaac. Another dgt married Mathew Reilly and moved to England. He had a son Patrick and as there's so many Patrick Hughes I am unable to work out who he married. I also have DNA matches with Edward Hughes and wife Helen Cockburn who's dgt Agnes Tina married Crookston and moved to south shields. Think they must be connected as I have many DNA matches in Durham area and don't they belong to my other ancestral lines. Arthur was a weaver and there's also a Patrick living beside him, born Ireland - I'm wondering if Arthur and Patrick are brothers or cousins as they were both close in age.it looks like a whole family of Hughes came over from Ireland 1800 or thereabouts and spread out as Liverpool flags up too. I know this isn't a lot to go on but maybe it will ring a wee bell with another Hughes researcher. Thanks