The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by 5siamese7 »

One of the great things about supermarkets is the variety of food they sell. To-day I bought some cheddar that had cranberries in it and it was so delicious that I scoffed the lot washed down with a lovely wine from Chille. We are so lucky to-day with all the wonderful foods we can buy that were not available to our parents.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I dont need to peek oot the curtains and tip toe to the car early tomorrow. I would be most embarrassed. Good luck to all you guys //funny

2-0
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Hughie wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:32 pm Takes some minutes to make the effort to get up when you feel like you need a pee, Penny. What a relief when it's done and you get back to coorie in. :roll:
Might be worth getting a prostate gland check up Hughie. It's an age thing.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:15 pm One of the great things about supermarkets is the variety of food they sell. To-day I bought some cheddar that had cranberries in it and it was so delicious that I scoffed the lot washed down with a lovely wine from Chille. We are so lucky to-day with all the wonderful foods we can buy that were not available to our parents.
I agree. Sainsburys is brilliant for all kinds of yummy food. Wensleydale with cranberries is lovely and apricot n stilton.

Actually I think I can hear a block o cheese calling my name.

Bill, you can purchase the apricot n stilton at the Deli counter, Sainsburys, Saltcoats. Vroom. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Vivc113 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:04 pm I dont need to peek oot the curtains and tip toe to the car early tomorrow. I would be most embarrassed. Good luck to all you guys //funny

2-0
Not the progress we were looking for :smt102
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I am on the apricot n stilton cheese. All Bill's fault. Got a broken piece for 79 pence. //funny
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Thinking Viv your a bad influence on me. I once stayed in Wensleydale which is beautiful but I found the cheese bland. Always a great cheddar man but after your recommendation I tried the Wensleydale with cranberries which was safely wrapped and was on the shelf and it was superb. I don't think it wlll do much for my waistline as once you start its so eatable and hard to stop. I never buy anything from the deli in any supermarket too many cases of food poisoning. A budding Howard Hughes perhaps.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I know what you mean about the cheese. Sometimes I have the whole block then wind up in a cheese coma.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Meg wrote: ↑Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:21 pm
Any word on the Grants?

Meg
On my way to Lidle's a week or two ago I noticed some work activity going on at the Grants. There was an Electrical company's van parked in the driveway, the front door of the building was open and there were some stoorie looking builders/plasterers/ footprints leading to and from the doorway outside.

And yesterday I saw that the outside of the pub had been completely repainted, so I'd imagine it shouldn't be too long now before it re-opens.
Whether or not it'll still have the same traditional look inside or not I can't say.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

It must have been in some state about three weeks ago there was a skip filled with a fridge a cooker a microwave and other stuff. Pubs in the town are finding it tough to make a living so its a dicey venture to go into. However good luck to who is intending to re-open the pub.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

God bless 'em. They're having a Garden Party at the Threetowns Care Home at Stevenston Cross with a live Band playing.
As well as some great Jazz music, I've heard .. 'Brown Eyed Girl' .. 'You're the Devil in Disguise' .. 'Livin' Doll' .. 'Thinkin' about the Things we used to Do' .. 'Sometimes when we Touch' .. and 'Glasgow belongs to Me!'

The weather's great for them as well. :)
Last edited by michaelm on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Aw. Would have enjoyed that one myself.