The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yes difficult if your carrying a bag of messages and have a balance problem. Anyway good advice for some folk.Those birds because of where they live know the score.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

You know this hard weather has had me thinking about stuff. My Dad was a countryman and he was proud of that and quite rightly so. But you know in his day it was a hard life. Out in all weathers, tying a sack to your back to keep the rain off. Thinking of people who live in the high tops. I had the pleasure of meeting Hannah Hauxwell a lovely lady who had a smallholding up in the high penines. I met her before she became famous on television. She greeted me with a broad smile and I could see that she was a trusting sole however she had a wee wicked smile when I asked her for some water. She said just go down to the reservoir and fill your bottle I've been drinking it for years. Bloody hell it was a death trap one false move and you were into deep water. I really don't know what she was thinking but I just did without and fled the place.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

The dreaded Lurgy has raised it's ugly head again. I'm blaming the Goons! :roll:
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I see the air force is dropping vital food and fuel supplies to folk who are still cut off in Cumbria. This of course is great and I hope they wave the bill. Expect this will happen as they will qualify of essential help.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Its so cold that I made a pot of curry soup. It was fan dabbie dobie even better than I thought it would be.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I had soup at 4 am today. Knocked me oot.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Received an e/mail a few days ago from the Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) informing me that it's closing down it's last remaining North Ayrshire offices in Vernon street, Saltcoats at the end of this month due to funding cuts. There's also an article about it in this weeks A&S Herald.
I've recently been given some very good advice from them so It'll be a sad day when it closes. For many folk it was seen as a great place to go for free, helpful and impartial advice on the various issues affecting their lives. :(
I believe people will still be able to contact their main service for free confidential advice by telephone on, 0808 169 5075 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Today, 8 March, is International 'Womans Day'.

Mother Theresa defines it perfectly by the following:

"A woman is the bank where every member of the family deposits worries, wounds and anger. A woman is the cement that keeps the family united and her love will last her whole life long"

So very true.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

glenshena wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:46 pm Today, 8 March, is International 'Womans Day'.
No disrespect, but 'International Women's Day' sounds like feminist BS to me. :)
Last edited by michaelm on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Mind you, there's also a 'Men's' version of it and that's even worse. :lol:
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

michaelm wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm Received an e/mail a few days ago from the Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) informing me that it's closing down it's last remaining North Ayrshire offices in Vernon street, Saltcoats at the end of this month due to funding cuts. There's also an article about it in this weeks A&S Herald.
I've recently been given some very good advice from them so It'll be a sad day when it closes. For many folk it was seen as a great place to go for free, helpful and impartial advice on the various issues affecting their lives. :(
I believe people will still be able to contact their main service for free confidential advice by telephone on, 0808 169 5075 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm.
The one in Killie set to remain.

Yes. They were very good. Filled in complex forms for my mum at one point.

If you follow Joe Cullinane on FB, he is trying to sort out an alternative.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

I am watching BBC afternoon news and I have just witnessed a report about a woman surgeon who walked for eight miles through much worse snow and conditions than anything we experienced during the 'Weather event', last week . In a previous post I described the tenacity of the previous generation, particularly during WW ii.The actions of this surgeon epitomises that spirit,and is to be applauded. I know, after listening to her interview that she would disagree .It would be a disgrace if these actions are not recognised ,by some meaningful award.Im sure that every patient that she treated during that period would heartily concur. Such an unassuming person. Well done.