The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by bobnetau »

morag wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:54 am bliddy hot here still, and humid..canny sleep.
zCan you send some heat over this way, Morag. We have had a really cold winter. I am hibernating!
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Off work today and it was a lovely morning so headed out a walk. Cut across the flyover from Castlepark into Eggy Park, I was not thinking how much it had rained lately and the wee path that runs parallel with the By-pass was really flooded and muddy.
I was picking my way round the puddles but it was getting worse and worse then i put my foot down and I was ankle deep in the mud as I took my next step the mud got a hold of my trainer and pulled it off my foot but my momentum kept me going so my now socked foot planted in the mud, so I'm standing there on one leg trying to pull my sock back on and retrieve my trainer.
Needless to say by this point the air was quite blue. I managed to sort myself out but by then I was no longer caring about the muck and just ploughed on through it. Squelching my way through the rest of the walk. Hame and trainers straight in the washing machine //funny laughing at it now //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

A funny story there bonzo.
Just a shame that while trying to balance on one leg you didnae fall heid first straight into the mud. :lol:
Wish I'd been there at the time ... video camera in hand. :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

[/quote]

Here's an older one of mine, issued to me in March 1993 and valid for 10 years.
In this pic it's only slightly smaller than actual size.
[/quote]

Michael I got my first 10 year passport in 87. I pretty sure it was red but I don't think it was European union? I was looking for it, can't find it. can find the next 2 but not that one.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Here's why your 1987 issue passport was maybe a bit different looking from the one I got in 93, bonzo.

From Wiki.

European format passports:
On 15 August 1988, the Glasgow Passport Office became the first to issue burgundy-coloured machine-readable passports. They followed a common format agreed amongst member states of the European Community, and had the words "European Community" on the cover, which was changed to "European Union" in 1997. The passport had 32 pages, but a 48-page version was also available with more space for stamps and visas.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

bonzo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 am Off work today and it was a lovely morning so headed out a walk. Cut across the flyover from Castlepark into Eggy Park, I was not thinking how much it had rained lately and the wee path that runs parallel with the By-pass was really flooded and muddy.
I was picking my way round the puddles but it was getting worse and worse then i put my foot down and I was ankle deep in the mud as I took my next step the mud got a hold of my trainer and pulled it off my foot but my momentum kept me going so my now socked foot planted in the mud, so I'm standing there on one leg trying to pull my sock back on and retrieve my trainer.
Needless to say by this point the air was quite blue. I managed to sort myself out but by then I was no longer caring about the muck and just ploughed on through it. Squelching my way through the rest of the walk. Hame and trainers straight in the washing machine //funny laughing at it now //funny
Bonzo I was told not to put trainers in the washing machine because they thump as they go round and ware out the plastic bits that that surround the drum in the inside. Advice from a lady who did just that. Get a pair of wellies.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I went to visit the countryside early afternoon. Only got one hour of sun before it sadly clouded over. It was still good though.

Now enjoying ma brambles.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

in Stevenston one of our supermakets is into foreign food in a big way. Frozen carp from Poland and the fillets are huge as you would expect from such a fish. They look lovely and clean so I guess their not muddy. Not cheap either its the size that's putting me off usually the bigger the fish there's less flavour. Its no surprise that their not selling and hopefully they will drop the price and then I think i'll give them :hi: a try. Also there was pork sausage meat from Krakow but the salt content put me off and in any case my brother said when he visited Krakow the sausage meat was rubbish. Just like to try new foods, as someone said variety is the spice of life. :hi:
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I note that our local foxes are enjoying the brambles too.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Don't you just hate it when parts of a movie have been cut out. Cool Hand Luke one of my favourites. Luke eats 50 hardboiled eggs for a bet which makes him extremely constipated and one of his mates goes to the clerk guy and says," a man needs a brown bomber" Seems its too sensitive for some.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I wish I could. Not bad today though.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:11 pm Don't you just hate it when parts of a movie have been cut out. Cool Hand Luke one of my favourites. Luke eats 50 hardboiled eggs for a bet which makes him extremely constipated and one of his mates goes to the clerk guy and says," a man needs a brown bomber" Seems its too sensitive for some.
It's funny you've mentioned cool hand luke, Harry dean stanton died yesterday.