The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Meg »

Thanks for the lovely thoughts folks, I was really just thinking out loud - you sometimes forget other people are reading your posts :lol:

I’ve never really had the chance to “play at wee hooses” before - so looking forward to that, and yes Netta, to doing a bit of travelling. Watch this space....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Mrs bonzo is making red onion chutney today for Christmas. I thought I would do a good turn and volunteered tae peel the onions. Bad move there was at least 20 of them tae be peeled and chopped. My eyes are still streaming :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Meg wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 am and yes Netta, to doing a bit of travelling. Watch this space....
Meg, keep Netta and I informed if you are coming to Oz. We'll arrange a wee get together for those threetowners around Melbourne and any others who'd like to have a get together down under in our neck of the woods. :)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

bonzo wrote: My eyes are still streaming :lol:
Bonzo, I'm the official union chopper in our men's kitchen group. I get right into it while Netta's Bobby reads the recipe - he's the one with the glasses. :) The secret I find is not to have your eyes over the chopping board while chopping unions. Love our men's kitchen and oor Betty and Bobby's Netta wouldn't want us to give it up - saves them thinking about what's for tea at least twice a week. :hi:
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Hughie if YOU put on glasses your eyes will not stream! It's the best prevention I know when peeling onions.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Doesn't work I had mine on, next time maybe my swimming goggles.
On route to auld reekie for the night then off to hamburg in the morning for some warm gluhwein and cold bier :drunk:
Last edited by bonzo on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Meg wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:15 am Just handed in my papers to retire 28th February next year, maybe do some supply teaching a couple of days a week til June. I've been working since I was 14, strange feeling .....
Meg,

Firstly, the time between now and the 28th of February will whizz in. Secondly, I see my life as having been divided into four compartments, pre-school/school, work, and retirement. The latter has been by far the best. Look forward to it and enjoy it to the full when it arrives.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

When chopping onions all you have to do is chop them next to a cold running tap. The water absorbs the fumes. :hi:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Penny Tray wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 pm Look forward to it and enjoy it to the full when it arrives.
PT - I think I have always been a driven 'lazy' person if that makes sense - the work ethic drummed into us from an early age means I have always dragged myself into work even when almost aligning my foot with the bucket - so just being able to not do anything will be amazing. One thing for sure - I'll not panic every time the doorbell rings in case its a visitor and the house is like Annaker's midden - I'm for playing at wee hooses on a regular basis :lol:
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Penny Tray wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 pm
Meg wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:15 am Just handed in my papers to retire 28th February next year, maybe do some supply teaching a couple of days a week til June. I've been working since I was 14, strange feeling .....
Meg,

Firstly, the time between now and the 28th of February will whizz in. Secondly, I see my life as having been divided into four compartments, pre-school/school, work, and retirement. The latter has been by far the best. Look forward to it and enjoy it to the full when it arrives.
Meg,
I'm with PT here, though be aware, being retired has its drawbacks.
1. You're retired 24/7. There's no days off nor weekends nor holidays. It's a full-time occupation.
2. With your attitude, you'll find yourself busier than ever. Ria and I regularly say we're going to go back to work as then we had more free time. Beware of voluntary work and clubs/associations and other organisations looking for committee members.
You've been warned. //funny
JD.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Have a very happy retirement, Meg.

Susan
Meg
Administrator
Administrator