The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by bonzo »

That must have been one of the most bizarre frames of snooker ever.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

First day of Spring in Oz. What could be more fitting than to be wakened by a Blackbird singing outside the window. :puter :D

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 pm First day of Spring in Oz. What could be more fitting than to be wakened by a Blackbird singing outside the window. :puter :D

Hughie-Get the moothie out and perform a duet :P

Hope the sun shines for you all :D
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

To continue the Nature theme-i seen a wee snippet of David Attenborough's Natural Curiosities today. He described a newborn Kangaroo as a Jelly Bean i was astounded by the size and effort of the wee Joey to survive :)

​Female kangaroos sport a pouch on their belly, made by a fold in the skin, to cradle baby kangaroos called joeys. Newborn joeys are just one inch long (2.5 centimeters) at birth, or about the size of a grape. After birth, joeys travel, unassisted, through their mom's thick fur to the comfort and safety of the pouch.

National Geographic
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Thought I'd seen it all but this kinda takes the biscuit.

I'd love to be able to say that this type of heartless policing is just one off stuff and not indicative of most cops these days, but I've seen too many videos that tell me otherwise.

Last edited by Kittywake on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Having lived in Australia for 56 years I have great admiration for the way our Police force conduct themselves. They go above and beyond to try to keep us safe.
It is very easy to pick part of an event and show that on tv but usually (not always) there is another side of the story that is not shown.
I have lately been seeing videos on internet showing police in USA and could not believe how bad it looked.
I don’t believe our police are anyway like the police in USA.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Many cops nowadays act well below expected standard's - some of their superiors don't care and will always deny blame to protect their officers as it''s the tax payer's who usually have to pick up the bill for any police wrongdoing. A lot treat the general public as if they should be subservient to them and just obey every 'command' lawful or otherwise. Some have next to no regard for the basic law's that they took an oath to uphold and that's probably just as true in Oz as it is in the US or the UK.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Have you got your own chair in the living room which is a death sentence for anyone else to park their bum on..
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Thinking about the nice old lady who was a piano teacher in Turin Conservatory. She retired in her fifties due to ill health and moved into a smaller flat with her husband, also a piano teacher. As she was downsizing she had to give away some furniture, and she chose to give away her two pianos because she said she would never play again. She kept her wardrobes and tables, but gave away her pianos. When her husband died she decided, now aged 81,to go volontarily into a care home for the elderly which she said was the best thing that ever happened to her even though her friends said she would become sad and just be waiting to die. She replied that also at home she was just waiting to die, but in the care home she was welcomed and treated so well by the owner and staff, and the other residents had become like brothers and sisters to her. One of the staff recognised her and knew that she had been a piano teacher and asked if she still played. When she replied that she hadn't played for nearly thirty years, the carer said she had a pianola and she would bring it in for her. Amazingly she remebered all and she entertained everybody at the care home, and said that that night she was so excited that she could not get to sleep knowing that she was still able to play the piano. In fact she is so good that she was nominated to enter the italian version of X Factor and got 100% votes from the public. She is now through to the finals.
She is a lovely wee lady full of the joys of life and so pleased to be able to bring some happiness into the care home.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

A nice wee cheery story . Well done to the lady :clap:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, nice story, Jean. Think it will be a while before our local retirement and care homes will allow our moothie group and other entertainers into their premises to bring a bit of cheer. :(
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Lovely story Jean - care homes are struggling without regular visitors and entertainment being brought in from the community.