The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Meg »

meekan wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:45 pm
michaelm wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:20 am Managed another wee blether today with Duncan McGlone, one of the new owners of the Grant Arms and he confirmed that it's a joint venture between himself and his sister, Ann Cook.
I called into McGlones today and had a lovely pub lunch, the food was freshly made and excellent value.
Well worth a visit and maybe our quiz night get togethers could go back there.
Meekan- I mentioned this to Ann when we met up with JD in Stevenson. She's keen .... will keep you updated. Mx
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Trust the World Cup to be on when the weather is so good ....
Rant over.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

brian f wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:17 pm Trust the World Cup to be on when the weather is so good ....
Rant over.
You think you have a hard life ?? "Emmerdale" is off tonight and tomorrow. Mind you, last night's episode was so bad it would have driven you to football.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Feeling cross because some complete idiot has thrown eggs at one of the hoose windows. Think it may have happened yesterday, but did not notice until midday today. Spent so much time sorting the hoose, running to charity, cleaning, replacing stuff and this is the kind of toon you live in.

Got pizza to cheer myself up.

A world where people can do exactly what they like because there really are no laws.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Vivc113 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm Feeling cross because some complete idiot has thrown eggs at one of the hoose windows. Think it may have happened yesterday, but did not notice until midday today. Spent so much time sorting the hoose, running to charity, cleaning, replacing stuff and this is the kind of toon you live in.

Got pizza to cheer myself up.

A world where people can do exactly what they like because there really are no laws.
Viv did you never dae anything bad when you were a wean? I know I did. There are laws in abundance but egging a window diznae come intae it.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I chapped on folks' doors but never (on any occasion) touched or caused property to be affected.

Laws or no laws. Mum n dad would have rung my neck. Maybe that's the difference.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm Feeling cross because some complete idiot has thrown eggs at one of the hoose windows.
If it's just some random act then not too worrying Viv, although if you've had any sort of run in with the local nutter's recently then it's maybe a wee bit more of a concern for you.

------------------------------------

Realised, for a change - as it's usually the other way round - that the Tax man might actually owe me some cash. After contacting HMRC I was advised to register online as that way I'd get my refund quicker. Did just that and happy to report that 500 smacker's should be winging their way into my account fairly soon. :)
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

No. No run ins. Discovered this AM it is actually over neighbour's windscreen too of his car with shells on the bonnet. He was over to see me earlier.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

michaelm wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 am

Realised, for a change - as it's usually the other way round - that the Tax man might actually owe me some cash. After contacting HMRC I was advised to register online as that way I'd get my refund quicker. Did just that and happy to report that 500 smacker's should be winging their way into my account fairly soon. :)
Good news, Michael- You can get the drinks in :D

The last couple of years i have been getting scam emails. Best to completely ignore them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc ... fund-scams
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

brian f wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:57 pm Good news, Michael- You can get the drinks in :D

The last couple of years I have been getting scam emails. Best to completely ignore them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc ... fund-scams
I'll need to leave them on the slate in mac's bar, brian :lol:

Cheer's for the warning though, but just as with yourself I think they'd need to be mega convincing to have even the slightest hope in hell of catching out an auld craw like me.
Spam usually always = Scam.

This is simply money I myself suspected might be owed to me by HMRC, so I contacted them directly and then registered via the gov.uk site to claim it back. :)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Loads of flying Ants in my house today, had to get the aerosol out .Misses can't cope...
Apparently they have attacked the Tennis at Wimbledon today and in a previous year stopped a Australia v England cricket match in South Africa.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

There's no' many flying Ant's up here in Scotland Brian, the Midgies eat them for breakfast. :lol: