The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by michaelm »

Sad as it may sound, it's no strange thing for pub's - even long established one's - to have their name changed when they re-open after lying empty for a period of time.
I'd imagine any previous regulars who frequented the Grants will still call it that among themselves .. and the newer folk will obviously get to know it as 'McGlone's'
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Hughie wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 pm Working behind the scenes to correct the mess that photobucket has left many of our topics in. See topic
I got an email at the start of the week to say they were aware I had been copying images to forums. Must have been this one AGES ago.

Needless to say, I won't be upgrading or paying to use photobucket, or be back on it at all !!!
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

michaelm wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:49 pm Sad as it may sound, it's no strange thing for pub's - even long established one's - to have their name changed when they re-open after lying empty for a period of time.
I'd imagine any previous regulars who frequented the Grants will still call it that among themselves .. and the newer folk will obviously get to know it as 'McGlone's'
I can't see a thing wrong with changing a name straight away. They want to put their own "stamp" on and forget the past.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I know you are probably right Michael. I moved to the dug track in the mid 70s and it's always been the grants and had been for a wheen of years before that. It's just something else that's disapearing fae my wee world :(
Those wimin were in the nip.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Aye it's a shame bonzo but as Vivc says, folk will often want to put their own stamp on things especially if they're shelling out sizeable amounts of cash.
Will you be heading there to check the place oot at some point when you're in the Town?
Last edited by michaelm on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Of course, I'll nip in for a lemonade soon. :wink:
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

5eulbdog7 wrote: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:01 pm I'm sure i'm not alone in this. You think about someone you havn't seen for a while and soon after this you meet them, often the next day. Its as though some kind of mental transmission has taken place.
I tried to telephone an elderly lady friend whom I hadn't seen for almost a year but strangely there was no answer from the care home where she was staying. I tried three times. I put it down to perhaps being meal time or doctors visit. Next morning her son 'phoned ne to say she had died that night. Telepathy perhaps.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

glenshena wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:10 pm
5eulbdog7 wrote: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:01 pm I'm sure i'm not alone in this. You think about someone you havn't seen for a while and soon after this you meet them, often the next day. Its as though some kind of mental transmission has taken place.
I tried to telephone an elderly lady friend whom I hadn't seen for almost a year but strangely there was no answer from the care home where she was staying. I tried three times. I put it down to perhaps being meal time or doctors visit. Next morning her son 'phoned ne to say she had died that night. Telepathy perhaps.
Its very strange you think about someone you havn't seen for a while and you meet them soon after. Anyway don't worry about it.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

chriso wrote: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:08 pm When I was younger I used to walk through fields with cows in them, and quite often they would run at you. If you stand your ground they will stop, and if you walk towards them they will back off.
Just make sure there isn't a bull in beside them. :oops:
People can walk through fields for free, but a bull charges!🐃
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

glenshena wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:10 pm
Had a few of the same experiences, wouldn't say telepathy...empathy, some kind of soul connection? Hughie or Meg may move this to Spookies...
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

wellparkno9 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm Do you notice its always on at tea time,for a while they were advertising sanitary towels at meal times too,its enough to put you aff yer grub.
Here if it's not a man suffering incontinence or diahorea, we have every dinner time one cleaning the wax from his ears with a spray. Sickening when you are sitting at the table.😠
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

glenshena wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 pm
wellparkno9 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm Do you notice its always on at tea time,for a while they were advertising sanitary towels at meal times too,its enough to put you aff yer grub.
Here if it's not a man suffering incontinence or diahorea, we have every dinner time one cleaning the wax from his ears with a spray. Sickening when you are sitting at the table.😠
Sorry, but this really did make me LOL!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis