The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by 5siamese7 »

Jeans I purchased from a famous outlet all went at the seat. No it wasn't blast but blast it all you expect jeans to last longer than these did. Considering they were all purchased this year I decided to return them to the store with a pair of under pants that had also gone at the bottom. Although I didn't have the receipts they are clearly marked showing the name of the organisation. The manager said he had never seen this before but he didn't argue and gave me a gift card to the value of the items which was £89. I think if you have had a raw deal you should pursue recompense.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

A lovely day to-day and so I walked to Ardrossan and back. However came home with my eyes streaming the worst part is from Stevenston to Saltcoats those trees must be emitting all sorts of natural chemicals that my eyes can't cope with.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

What a contrast to yesterday. It started raining at about 11o'clock this morning and hasn't let up. Returned home soaked and fed up.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Got a purple rug from Amazon today at a bargain price. Don't normally like household stuff off the Internet, but this is faux sheepskin and lovely and soft.

Never get towels from Amazon. I got pink ones recently and spent an hour plus picking pink out of other items. Time I will never get back. Gave a review entitled "Towels From Hell".
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I can remember some really happy times with my love and a real sheepskin rug watching television in front of a coal fire and enjoying life . I'm thinking ,"ain't nothing like the real thing baby."
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:03 pm What a contrast to yesterday. It started raining at about 11o'clock this morning and hasn't let up. Returned home soaked and fed up.
Same every 2nd day. Nothing like a bit of 🌞.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I remember returning home to Scotland during a drought in our adopted Australia, and I marveled looking out the window at the constant rain the morning after our arrival. I'm sure that's why a cup of tea back there tastes so much better than down under. My sister knew that and the kettle was on as soon as I knocked on the door. :wink:
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

I'm sure that's right Hughie. Best cuppa ever in the three towns.

We're so dry now and needing rain badly. Going into a heatwave for the next week 30+. Hopefully we might get a shower or two. There was a little rain with hailstones in Toowoomba today but nothing out our way.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

margb wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:01 pm I

We're so dry now and needing rain badly. Going into a heatwave for the next week 30+. Hopefully we might get a shower or two. There was a little rain with hailstones in Toowoomba today but nothing out our way.
To cheer you up, it's peeing down in good old stevenston right now
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

I'm sure you're enjoying the soft beautiful rain that is peeing down, creamolafoam . Used to say when I stayed there that if the sun shone we should have a public holiday. Now I say that when and if it rains here then that should happen here. Now wouldn't that be good.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

My headstone is now in the cemetery. Got randomly informed of this today although they must have known it was being transferred.

Wound up going to see it in pouring rain. Had no flowers but 'borrowed' a flower from another grave (!!)
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Vivc113 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm My headstone is now in the cemetery. Got randomly informed of this today although they must have known it was being transferred.

Wound up going to see it in pouring rain. Had no flowers but 'borrowed' a flower from another grave (!!)
I hope this is a similar case to that of Oscar Wilde, who sent a letter to The Times saying 'reports of my death were premature.'

JD.