The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by 5siamese7 »

Its a real shame that again it is a wet day for the Merrymass in Irvine. Last year it was also very wet and I thought about an old guy I met whilst I was fishing the Garnock years ago which was in full spate with the rain still lashing down. He said, "its the merches floods ye ken." I guess this old timer had seen many a wet Merrymass. Its a real bummer.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Cake is on my mind. Got the mother of all cakes from TESCO yesterday : raspberries, cream and white choc. :mrgreen:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I wish I could eat like that. I only put low calorie tonic in my gin and think of sugar as poison although I suspect there is sugar in the gin. Its hopeless walk round the supermarket and its sugar and salt everywhere. And folk keep buying this rubbish. Unfortunately I had run out of fresh vegetables and consumed a whole tin of baked beans and the next day I discreetly farted around the supermarket.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 pm I wish I could eat like that. I only put low calorie tonic in my gin and think of sugar as poison although I suspect there is sugar in the gin. Its hopeless walk round the supermarket and its sugar and salt everywhere. And folk keep buying this rubbish. Unfortunately I had run out of fresh vegetables and consumed a whole tin of baked beans and the next day I discreetly farted around the supermarket.
Don't look at the label contents of yer baked beans, man. I have my gts, wine etc, no prob. You only live once, enjoy it while you can.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

It is OK as long as your whole diet doesn't have a cake foundation.

Today I have pasta. I found pasta in 3 colours. Never seen this before. Tri colore. 3 colours in one bag.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Last night I attended the marymass festival of light(it used to be a torch light parade but I guess that's not health and safety)

I haven't been to this event for a good few years so I noticed a difference. The fireworks are always pretty good but the parade was very small.

The choice of light boxes I found quite strange they were white and conical, it reminded me very much of old footage of the KKK. A wee bit more thought needed from the cairters maybe :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Vivc113 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:00 am It is OK as long as your whole diet doesn't have a cake foundation.

Today I have pasta. I found pasta in 3 colours. Never seen this before. Tri colore. 3 colours in one bag.
Be aware be very aware what you might produce could be tri colour.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

morag wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:10 am
5siamese7 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 pm I wish I could eat like that. I only put low calorie tonic in my gin and think of sugar as poison although I suspect there is sugar in the gin. Its hopeless walk round the supermarket and its sugar and salt everywhere. And folk keep buying this rubbish. Unfortunately I had run out of fresh vegetables and consumed a whole tin of baked beans and the next day I discreetly farted around the supermarket.
Don't look at the label contents of yer baked beans, man. I have my gts, wine etc, no prob. You only live once, enjoy it while you can.
Exactly Morag but unfortunately i'm carrying a big drum and my doctor isn't best pleased.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Exactly Morag but unfortunately i'm carrying a big drum and my doctor isn't best pleased.
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

morag wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 pm
5siamese7 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 pm

does that mean overweight?..have doc check your thyroid if not done so far.
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:13 pm
Vivc113 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:00 am It is OK as long as your whole diet doesn't have a cake foundation.

Be aware be very aware what you might produce could be tri colour.
What a thought for the day .....

Thinking I am getting old because I like my Sunday naps or Sunday early nights. Had a wee nap yesterday afternoon, then was still tired and away again before 9 pm.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I like to try different foods and I ate kangaroo when I was in Oz and thought it was very nice. However I thought it would just be a one off. Anyway they have it frozen in our local supermarket and so I bought a couple of steaks and had it for dinner to-night. I must say it was very good but feel a wee bit guilty as its a wild animal and probably under pressure so I don't think i'll buy it again.