Mac's Bar - Our Virtual Cafe

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mac's Bar - Our Virtual Cafe

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 pm Where in Paris are you Meg? There's a fine red waiting on you and a white for George :D enjoy your evening in Paris and safe home :drunk:
We’re staying in the 9th arrondissement near Gallerie Lafayette - loving being this central. Using up air miles before we lose them :wink:

Can’t believe the number of riot police and army personnel we’ve seen on the streets since we got here though - on Saturday, we counted somewhere around 90 people carriers - all full of what seemed like robocops and 5 water cannons. Bit scary if you’re not used to it! Need a glass of red to soothe the nerves (my excuse and I’m sticking to it //funny )
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:32 pm Brian it's poured made it a large one(hoose measure) got to get rid of this bottle somehow //funny

How was the heid this morning :lol:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 pm
brian f wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm Don't drink the Edinburgh boozers dry bonzo //funny
Brian, I like to spread my wealth :lol: one drink per pub a good auld fashioned pub crawl, just left the oxford bar....I'm quite sure Meg could tell you who frequented it? :D
Just saw this Bonzo - Ian Rankin’s favourite pub in Edinburgh - pub crawl along Rose Street takes some handling :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:37 pm
bonzo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:32 pm Brian it's poured made it a large one(hoose measure) got to get rid of this bottle somehow //funny

How was the heid this morning :lol:
Hahaha it's been better, note to self, I'm getting to auld for Sunday sessions.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm
bonzo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 pm Where in Paris are you Meg? There's a fine red waiting on you and a white for George :D enjoy your evening in Paris and safe home :drunk:
We’re staying in the 9th arrondissement near Gallerie Lafayette - loving being this central. Using up air miles before we lose them :wink:

Can’t believe the number of riot police and army personnel we’ve seen on the streets since we got here though - on Saturday, we counted somewhere around 90 people carriers - all full of what seemed like robocops and 5 water cannons. Bit scary if you’re not used to it! Need a glass of red to soothe the nerves (my excuse and I’m sticking to it //funny )
Meg, Is that because of the French Yellow vests or terror attacks? Today -The UK's national terrorism threat level has been downgraded from severe to substantial for the first time in five years.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Meg wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:43 pm
bonzo wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 pm
brian f wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm Don't drink the Edinburgh boozers dry bonzo //funny
Brian, I like to spread my wealth :lol: one drink per pub a good auld fashioned pub crawl, just left the oxford bar....I'm quite sure Meg could tell you who frequented it? :D
Just saw this Bonzo - Ian Rankin’s favourite pub in Edinburgh - pub crawl along Rose Street takes some handling :lol:
Ah, Meg.
Rose St. is no' what it used to be. JD.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:49 pm
Meg, Is that because of the French Yellow vests or terror attacks? Today -The UK's national terrorism threat level has been downgraded from severe to substantial for the first time in five years.
Brian - We thought initially it was the yellow vests but the number of armed soldiers there were at the mainline stations made us wonder if it was a terrorism threat. Nothing in any of the main papers or news. Saw less police/army presence in NI at the height of the troubles.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks , Meg, Hope you still enjoyed!.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo- Are you alright, you are awful quiet. Fancy a wee dram :smt030
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Still here Brian :good: just seem to be working roon the clock :cry: I'll have a glass of whatever you're having. Roll on next Tuesday :santa03:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Not long now bonzo.... Dont think you would enjoy the cider- So to you and Mr D who is brewing up recently, a wee Laphroaig :D enjoy.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Oh aye I enjoy a wee cider much more than I would laphroaig, far too peaty for my tender palate :lol: cheers.