Jeans

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Jeans

Post by brian f »

Is it acceptable for 60+ years old to wear jeans ? A big yes for me, though i prefer the comfort of chinos. Would not say no to a pair of levis however so expensive now... Daddy's day looms nows my chance :think:
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Jeans

Post by Jim McCreadie »

An emphatic YES from me Brian. Now in my 70s and wear mostly shorts in our WA climate. As I dress for comfort, and due to excessive perspiration (aside effect of my Epilepsy medication), the bulk of my clothing is purchased from Cotton Traders as cotton “breathes” and allows me to stay cooler than man-made fibres would.
An interesting aside, “jeans” can also be referred to as “denims”. Denim is cotton and the story goes when the bales of cotton cloth arrived in U.S. marked “Produit de Nimjes”, the Americans abbreviated that to “ de nim “ - or so the story goes!
Jim
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Wear what you like and what you are comfortable in. As another aside I was talking to Mrs B about jeans at the weekend, at work I wear trackie troosers (comfortable and I'm rolling about the floor quite a bit) when I get hame I put on my shorts. Got me thinking I've not had a pair of jeans on since the 7th of March (the last time I was in the pub) :(
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

My lockdown uniform has been jeans, tee shirts, trainers and fleeces. I must have about 15 pairs of jeans in various colours and weights - denim weight not mine :lol: - but I am reminded of a conversation I had with a young pal a few years ago - we both love the theatre and go to as many nights as we can at the Gaiety. She said that the particular audience at a play we were at was much older than she thought it was going to be - she said “you know they are older - just look at all the number of them wearing denim jeans” - including me, I must say! Jeremy Clarkson, you’ve a lot to answer for :lol:
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

Maybe another way is to ask: is it OK at 60+ to wear jeans/shorts in Dockhead Street?

My mother-in-law bought her first ever pair of shorts at age 74 when she came to stay with us in
small-town America, and realised that nobody cared what other people wore, while in the 3Ts,
we learned early on to pass remarks about everybody on just about everything.
On the other hand, Americans grow up learning to be horrified at the thought of having to pay
into a public health service, while we wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’m sure there’s no such thing as the perfect society, but maybe some get it a bit better
than others.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

I would have been a chinos man and on the odd time a pair of m.s slacks But lately I tend to wear coloured jeans had a few people look at me in a first class flight back from JFK LAST YEAR IT DID NOT BOTHER ME AS I WAS BUMPED UP FROM BUSINESS FOR FREE IN SAYING THAT I WOULD NOT PAY FOR FIRST CLASS
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Jim McCreadie wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 am An emphatic YES from me Brian. Now in my 70s and wear mostly shorts in our WA climate. As I dress for comfort, and due to excessive perspiration (aside effect of my Epilepsy medication), the bulk of my clothing is purchased from Cotton Traders as cotton “breathes” and allows me to stay cooler than man-made fibres would.

Jim
Jim- A pair of jeans i wear at times flares up my eczema so prefer marks and spencers chinos. Cotton traders have done well set up by a couple of ex England rugby players a while back. Cant, you ask the doctor for beta-blockers which i heard is good for excessive sweating?

MANBEAR- It's good to read you are out and about after your recent loss. That must have been some experience flying 1class. Would need to win the lottery for that :)

Meg- Have any of your jeans got holes or ripped -you can get away with that now :D

Exile- The day i ask a question pLoperly i will drop dead //funny

Anybody into Double Denim 8)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

The only ripped jeans I’ve got are the ones I use for gardening or painting :lol:

Double denim - NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Speaking of Denim who remembers this ? :lol:

Those wimin were in the nip.