ANZAC Day

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

ANZAC Day

Post by Meg »

It must be a strange ANZAC day today without the dawn services in Australia and New Zealand. How was it commemorated?

Lest we forget ...
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: ANZAC Day

Post by bobnetau »

Meg, considering the circumstances, I think we did best we could . A piper played near us, outside his home and in the still of the morning sound carried a good distance. There was also a bugler who played the last post. 4 of our nearby neighbours and myself stood in our driveways with a light at 6am and observed our minutes silence. Not sure what happened further up our street.
Netta
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

I’ll bet it was an emotional time Netta - hope you and Bobby are managing to get through the lockdown. We are just so glad we are coming into summer - I dont know how it would have been if we were housebound in January or February. Fingers crossed things ease before that.

Stay safe

Megx
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Thanks, Meg. We are doing as told. Daughter and son have made it clear they want us to stay home if we can. Organised to have daily paper delivered to us and I get groceries home delivered. Not ideal but better to be safe. Flu vaccine on Monday, in the car, as Hugh has mentioned.
But we are not fighting a war like our folks did, so we are lucky.