Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bonzo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:52 am

Wouldn't expect anything else from the EBC. Scottish Tories complaining that the SNP are using it as a political platform :smt102 WHAT NONSENSE.
Those wimin were in the nip.

exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm

bonzo wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:52 am
Wouldn't expect anything else from the EBC. Scottish Tories complaining that the SNP are using it as a political platform :smt102 WHAT NONSENSE.
Certainly not as a political platform - she's been to the point throughout.
However, NS would be superhuman, possibly even derelict, if she didn't use these opportunities to make a UK-wide point of difference, just to show independence of mind & people.
That said, remember the drubbing she gave BawJaws' new slogan "Stay Alert", preferring her much clearer and more compelling, er... "Stay Safe"?

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Just read that the average viewing figures for the daily briefings were around 350,000 which is greater than any other daytime program broadcast before 4pm.

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Meg- I was initially disappointed when the briefings ended long ago down the road in England. I know the numbers of deaths are much lower than before. Lets hope this continues for is all. :)
“once you stop learning you start dying”

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:55 am

brian f wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 pm
Meg- I was initially disappointed when the briefings ended long ago down the road in England. I know the numbers of deaths are much lower than before. Lets hope this continues for is all. :)
Brian - the briefings stopped down south because no one wanted to face the press every day especially the PM. The difference here is the BBC decided to stop broadcasting the briefings - Nicola will continue the briefings on line - but a lot of our elderly population don’t have access to the internet or don’t know how to use it. The BBC decided, the supposed national broadcaster - I’ll leave that fact here ....

meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Meg
I wonder if there was pressure put on the BBC to stop broadcasting them because it was showing up those at Westminster. Piers Morgan has really been very complimentary on Nicola Sturgeon's willingness to keep the nation up to date, telling it as it is and answering questions from the press. He has been crucifying Boris and his government for their mixed messages and their unwillingness to be questioned by him on television. Nicola's daily briefings and the praise she has being getting from various sources is showing them up for what they are, the worst government we have seen in our lifetime.

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Without doubt Angus - you’ve hit the nail on the head - no bluster, no lies, no jingoism - just someone treating us like adults and giving the good news with the bad news. I, for one, will continue to listen online - we are heading into the worst possible time to be cut off from vital information -

As for “in our lifetime”, I think more like EVER in the history of Westminster. Inept, morally corrupt, greedy, lying, elitist schoolboys - who are laughing at us openly. And we still have the shortages of Brexit to look forward to...
Meg

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Meg wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm
And we still have the shortages of Brexit to look forward to...
Meg
I dont worry about Brexit.. Meg- now we have Tony Abbott on our case. :P
“once you stop learning you start dying”