Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by sweet caroline »

Daughters in Pangbourne :)
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

sweet caroline wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:45 pm Daughters in Pangbourne :)
Just up the river. Fingers crossed this will eventually be over and make it safe to visit again. 🤞
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

See you're in lockdown again Hughie....for 6 weeks!!!!!! What went wrong?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

We're not in the Melbourne lockdown area, Jean. Melbourne is across Port Phillip Bay from us. As far as I know there are no cases in our greater Geelong area - we're doing the right thing and can only hope others will.

Many Melbourne folks have holiday homes in our town, and although many of them are already occupied as it's school holidays, no one can now leave the lockdown area and come to their holiday homes or rental properties, unless they have a permit from what I understand.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Our main worry may come from Werribee area as folk from there are in lockdown but may work in Geelong, orea.or vice versa.
Pity Dan didn’t use the army for the quarantine hotel security.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

For the 6th day there have been no deaths in Scotland and only 2 people In ICU in the whole country.

Great news.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

It is indeed great news Meg but I really worry about the next 2 or 3 weeks. As much as I miss the pub I don't think I'll be back until I see how things are going and I definitely won't be leaving the country this year
The scientists are also saying that if there is a second spike it could mean another 120,000 lives lost. All that on top of 4 million heading for the broo. I don't think we are in the middle of the woods let alone out of them. Really really hope I'm wrong.
Oh and almost forgot after all this we've still got Brexit to get through :cry:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Some food for thought.

Last edited by Kittywake on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:18 pm It is indeed great news Meg but I really worry about the next 2 or 3 weeks. As much as I miss the pub I don't think I'll be back until I see how things are going and I definitely won't be leaving the country this year
The scientists are also saying that if there is a second spike it could mean another 120,000 lives lost. All that on top of 4 million heading for the broo. I don't think we are in the middle of the woods let alone out of them. Really really hope I'm wrong.
Oh and almost forgot after all this we've still got Brexit to get through :cry:
Oh I am right there with you - I don’t think we will be out of the woods until this time next year - btw I thought the 120,000 deaths included the 63,000 deaths to date and then double that for the next wave. We are staying in phase 2 except the hairdressers for the next four or five weeks til we see how phase 3 pans out with the pubs opening. Brexit is scaring the bejeebers out of me - and they are lining theirs and their pals pockets as it happens. Food shortages, medicine shortages, but we’ve “got Brexit done”!!!
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Now that the UK Government has stopped reporting the daily figures - some of you might find this website useful. The daily figures for Scotland mirror our FM’s daily figures.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

Meg
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Looking through the numbers for this week I was a little alarmed at Scotland's infection rate over the past week or so 17, 19, 21 but listening to professor Leitch yesterday on off the ball he explained that our testing rate has increased 4 fold in the last 10 days so we are just finding more cases that were always there.
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Heard on 'the NINE' last night that there are 8 new reported cases in the West of Scotland including a chemist in Inverclyde. Hope it stops there.