Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f »

I can't understand why Boris is spending so much money sending 30 million letters to the public in the UK concerning the Coronavirus. The daily updates from Downing street are viewed by many including the 27 million who watched his statement on Monday.

Alright i missed something
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

//silent
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I hope boris wasn't licking the envelopes himself :smt102
Those wimin were in the nip.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hughie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:49 am Back home now from our aborted domestic round Australia cruise in celebration of our 56th wedding anniversary. There were no infections on board, so although there is no need for us to quarantine ourselves we have decided to stay out of circulation for 14 days just in case something arises with any of the other passengers.
Well it did happen, got this on the 29th March but thought I'd not mention it till now. We are both fine and have no problems, but we'll continue to do the right thing and hope this blows over soon.

Stay safe friends.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Glad you're both okay. Keep safe. Dont think many people will want to go on a cruise when this is over.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I must say It sounded suspicious when you were woken at 05.00 am to be told that you would be turning back. Now there are cruise ships all over the world that are blocked by this virus and passengers not allowed to get off. You were lucky you got back in time Hughie. Keep safe and keep indoors.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Jean - how are things with you - I would love a regular update from you - we are just a couple of weeks behind you so when you turn the corner, we know we’re not that far behind. Stay safe❤️

Megx
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Well Meg, we just got word from the Government that the lock down will continue until April 15 making a total of 5 weeks that we shall be closed in our homes. No Easter celebrations this year. After 15 April depending on how things are, there will be another anouncement. There is great concern for the Old Peoples Care Homes, one of our local homes has already 46 Corona Positive cases. The loss of life is imense. It is vital that all carers have masks and protective clothing before visiting the elderly. The tourist trade is suffering badly. It's our most important industry. They predict a restart of trade end of June. Three months loss of income for many thousands of employees. The government are promising 600 euro per month for all redundent workers.

It will be a long time before we are back to normal. I started making face masks today. They are untrovable here.
My grandaughter told me that the police were out today on bicycles on Saltcoats prom checking who was out and about!
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Sad news the virus has claimed a gent from Ardrossan.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... n=sharebar
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I don't often hear news about Australia regarding the virus. Hopefully, you are all safe.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Another gent from Ardrossan passed away from Covid19, Joe Howie, husband of Sadie McIntyre from Clyde Terrace. His daughter is raising money to buy proper protection clothes for the nurses at Crosshouse who looked after her father so well.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

RIP Joe. Remember Joe and the lovely Sadie from way back. :(