Dare I Ask?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Dare I Ask?

Post by Retsum »

Dare I ask how you intend to vote on Thursday or how you see things going in the three towns? Personally I am a paid up member of the SNP so I am hoping we get back the seat here in Banff & Buchan that was taken from us the last time.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Dare I Ask?

Post by creamolafoam »

Retsum wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 am Dare I ask how you intend to vote on Thursday or how you see things going in the three towns? Personally I am a paid up member of the SNP so I am hoping we get back the seat here in Banff & Buchan that was taken from us the last time.
Here we go :cry:
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I don't want to leave our United Kingdom. A united Kingdom which brave men and women Scottish, Irish, Welsh and English together gave their lives for. I will not vote for SNP and I hope they get a bloody nose at this election. I am proud to be Scottish within a Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meekan, They breed them tough in Irvine. Just cant see Nicola walking about with a red nose...

Good luck to the lot of them. :club:
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

It's awful quiet on here.
Or are you all knackered like me, who masochistically stayed up till 7 oçlock this morning watching Boris walking on water?
I find it difficult to believe that so many people voted for him. I'm convinced we're all going to be awful sorry in a couple of years.
Good old Nicola. Here's strength to your arm, hen and here's to Scotland joining the EU as a full member, something we are not in the UK.
JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

John Donnelly wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:22 pm

I find it difficult to believe that so many people voted for him. I'm convinced we're all going to be awful sorry in a couple of years.

JD.
John, In a 2 horse race the English did not have much choice. Jeremy Corbyn is probably the worst Labour leader in decades.
I can't believe it a protest march against Johnson as prime minister is taking place in my adopted city of Cambridge on Saturday. Don't these people respect democracy.

Well done to Nicola- but even if Boris granted her a referendum (which he will not) it's not cast -iron that independence will get through.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Brian.
Protest is a fundamental element of democracy.
BTW, delete the word 'probably' from your Corbyn remark. Where do they find them? Brown, Kinnock, MICHAEL FOOT !!!!
Let me add that the Lib-Dems also shot themselves in the foot with their leader. They'd have done much better with Ed Davey and not saying that they would revoke Article 50.
Boris was more-or-less handed the election on a silver platter especially when Farage decided not to stand against his candidates.

A damn-near suicidal JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

John Donnelly wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:58 pm Hi Brian.
Protest is a fundamental element of democracy.
BTW, delete the word 'probably' from your Corbyn remark. Where do they find them? Brown, Kinnock, MICHAEL FOOT !!!!
Let me add that the Lib-Dems also shot themselves in the foot with their leader. They'd have done much better with Ed Davey and not saying that they would revoke Article 50.
Boris was more-or-less handed the election on a silver platter especially when Farage decided not to stand against his candidates.

A damn-near suicidal JD.
Don't worry about it JD. That's politics for you. If you need further assistance I can pm you the phone number of Dignitas.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

This is a rhetorical question, simply to be pondered over and referred back to if it ever becomes appropriate – “Is Nicola Sturgeon’s position as First Minister in any danger regarding procedural decisions she may have made or didn’t make between June 2008 and November 2014, which are the dates between which Alex Salmond is alleged to have committed 14 offences of a sexual nature against women, and in respect of which he is to stand trial at the High Court beginning 9 March, 2020?”

Without affecting her obvious abilities, I think Nicola has looked ‘strained’ since the criminal proceedings were initiated against the former First Minister. Maybe she's just worried about him as a friend, mentor, and former colleague?

The criminal case will certainly be a distraction from INDEPENDENCE!

As an aside, Mr. Salmond’s defence is being prepared by Gordon Jackson, QC, a Saltcoats man, (I think), who definitely went to Ardrossan Academy. He was a Labour member of the Scottish Parliament at one time, representing the Glasgow Govan constituency, until ousted by one, Nicola Sturgeon.

It’s going to be interesting methinks!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

If anyone thinks I'm going near this ???
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

That's why it's a rhetorical question :wink: Let's wait and see.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

brian f wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 pm Don't worry about it JD. That's politics for you. If you need further assistance I can pm you the phone number of Dignitas.
Already got it, thanks. :(

JD.