Pictures of Scotland 22-29 November

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Pictures of Scotland 22-29 November

Post by Meg »

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Pictures of Scotland 22-29 November

Post by brian f »

Don't enjoy winter, Meg- Although some stunning photos. Mellon Udrigal Beach looks beautiful :D
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I liked the night shot of the footbridge in Inverness, I'm sure there was another on this subject a month or so ago that got my attention. These photos are always worth looking at.

Wonder if there are any locals submitting images to this?
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 pm Don't enjoy winter, Meg- Although some stunning photos. Mellon Udrigal Beach looks beautiful :D
I hate the winter Brian - I love long summer days. Snow always looks gorgeous on Christmas cards, but never on my front garden :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:46 pm
brian f wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 pm Don't enjoy winter, Meg- Although some stunning photos. Mellon Udrigal Beach looks beautiful :D
I hate the winter Brian - I love long summer days. Snow always looks gorgeous on Christmas cards, but never on my front garden :lol:
//funny Meg- Not be long now - and you will be looking at the Snowdrops. :P
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:57 pm
Meg wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:46 pm
//funny Meg- Not be long now - and you will be looking at the Snowdrops. :P
Mine are up Brian - in fact lots of crocus poking through too. Only another 19 days, then the nights start to get shorter :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The photo of Loch Eck-reminds me of Bob Ross the American painter. He used to be on the telly many years ago and he would paint scenes like Loch Eck. Did not know he died 1995 he was great to watch.Using the search bar reveals bobbydarg was a big fan as well.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm The photo of Loch Eck-reminds me of Bob Ross the American painter. He used to be on the telly many years ago and he would paint scenes like Loch Eck. Did not know he died 1995 he was great to watch.Using the search bar reveals bobbydarg was a big fan as well.
A fellow fan of late night TV back in the day Brian? :lol: he had the most relaxing voice I've ever heard.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg, Brian as I've said before I quite like winter. A nice crisp weekend walk, hame for soup/coffee/whisky or all three :lol: just not wet and windy cannae be bothered wae that.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:52 pm Meg, Brian as I've said before I quite like winter. A nice crisp weekend walk, hame for soup/coffee/whisky or all three :lol: just not wet and windy cannae be bothered wae that.
My friend Martin - who lives in Ayr, and is Martins Weather on FB - says the following about Ayrshire’s weather for the next couple of months. He’s usually pretty accurate.

“FOR ANYONE INTERESTED THE SIGNALS FOR THE COMING WINTER IS THAT IT WILL BE ON THE MILD SIDE, SHORT COLD SNAPS, TYPICAL AYRSHIRE WINTER, NOT MUCH CHANCE OF MILK BOTTLES FREEZING THEIR CAPS OFF AS I REMEMBER FROM WINTERS PAST. IN SAYING THAT, ALWAYS THE CHANCE OF A SHORT LIVED SNOW EVENT.”