Melbourne

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Melbourne

Post by brian f »

Wish i was in Melbourne right now. The weather tonight is awful in England heavy rain and dark :cry: Never mind all you expats enjoy :)
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Melbourne

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:50 pm Wish i was in Melbourne right now. The weather tonight is awful in England heavy rain and dark :cry: Never mind all you expats enjoy :)
Think this summer, now in into autumn, has certainly been a lot warmer than previous yrs in the three towns.Yes we have had our obviously wet days but it has been clamier of late. And more importantly the heating hasn’t been put on :)
If you are looking for sunnier places, I have been watching the world athletics championships from Doha ( don’t fancy it or Melbourne myself personally) where it’s topping 40 Degrees.
The World Cup their will be fun :shock:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Well, you picked the right day for Melbourne, Brian. Clear blue skies and to be 22 Celsius today - it's the start of our second month of Spring. We were in Melbourne on Sunday and it is now so crowded. I think we must have the largest amount of international students of any city in the world - have always loved Melbourne. :)
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hughie wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 pm Well, you picked the right day for Melbourne, Brian. Clear blue skies and to be 22 Celsius today - it's the start of our second month of Spring. We were in Melbourne on Sunday and it is now so crowded. I think we must have the largest amount of international students of any city in the world - have always loved Melbourne. :)
Hughie,
Delft is the same as far as (not just international) students are concerned.
I think there are around 25,000 and the total population of Delft is 100,000.
If you try to drive through the University area when they are coming in or the eveing when they are heading back out, you cannot get through the hordes of bikes. It's a nightmare.

JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Yes lovely weather for you Hughie, I believe it will be 24 for you Wednesday, just right...

creamolafoam- I don't bother to watch athletics nowadays, i used to when the likes of Alan Wells, Lasse Virén, Steve Ovett, Seb Coe, and Carl Lewis to name a few were in action. And it's interesting news that came through today that Alberto Salazar- Mo Farahs ex-coach has been banned for doping offenses......

Regarding- The World Cup in Doha, will fans be able to quench their thirst without losing their head..
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Well we always have the Melbourne cafe, Saltcoat's sunshine and Accies rugby :wink:
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

This from WA:

Perth has just posted its hottest September on record and the driest in 42 years, setting the scene for a sizzling spring and summer to come. Perth experienced its driest September since 1977. The city received 53.4 mm less rain than September's average. High temperatures are likely to continue for the rest of the spring and into summer. The city's average maximum for the month was 22.9 degrees Celsius, which is 2.6C higher than the September average of 20.3C.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."