Vernon Terrace

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Vernon Terrace

Post by Meg »

Does anyone have a photo of Vernon Terrace when it was the old buildings. I’ve checked both George Ardrossan and Canmore.org sites but can’t find anything?

Meg
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Vernon Terrace

Post by Penny Tray »

Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Thanks PT - been through the site and the only Alpine Terr/Vernon Terrace photo is when the toll had been knocked down and the new houses built. Great photos of elsewhere in Ardrossan though.

Meg
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg, there is a photo of the Toll and the gable end of the house next to it(Vernon Terr) in the book Old Ardrossan.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Cheers Netta - we have that book at home (I’m in Vancouver at the moment) - so I’ll have a look when I get back. Norma’s grandson is visiting in May and that’s where Norma was born - so I was hoping for a photo to show him. The book is probably going to be the best I can get.

Hope you and Bobby are well -

Megxxx
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Meg wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:33 am Thanks PT - been through the site and the only Alpine Terr/Vernon Terrace photo is when the toll had been knocked down and the new houses built.

Meg
Meg,

The photo I thought (and hope) I linked shows at least three blocks of the houses in Vernon Terrace, albeit sometime in nineteen-oatcake, maybe even eighteen- oatcake - originally posted, I think by Hughie. If you're not seeing such a photo when you open the link in my previous post let me know, I'm still seeing it when I click on it.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.