T.V

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

T.V

Post by morag »

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with audiences waving arms around?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: T.V

Post by Hughie »

The screaming is annoying which I'm sure audiences are encouraged to do when a singer begins on one of those audition shows. Stone the crows, that new show with 100 judges have them screaming and the judges commenting over the singing - not my cup of tea. I watch very little TV and then mostly on catch-up TV.

Hope you are much better oor Morag. :)
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

What gets my goat is the way the sound levels fluctuate.
One minute there is an intimate scene where they are all whispering to each other where you can hardly hear what they're saying, the next second it is all dramatic where the decibels nearly blow you out of your chair.
I wish the sound engineers and the directors would realise that that we're sitting in a livingroom not the Albert Hall. We're not stupid. We can figure out the dramatic content for ourselves without the loud dramatic music. Alfred Hitchcock has a lot to answer for. :( I really find it an admission of defeat on the part of the director if he cannot get his dramatic message over without the help of music.
While, I'm on the subject, why do we need all that music with everything. It's even in the background on the news and the football reports.
Now I've started, I hate the canned laughter on the comedy shows.
Having said all that, We don't really watch a lot of TV. Wonder why.

Morag, try not to push my buttons, there's a good lassie. 8)

An irate JD.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

:lol: touched some nerves there! I don't watch much T.V. have it on because the cats go into a stupor, the cockatiel quiets down, though some theme music sets him off. Hip is still off Hughie, lucky one of my sons comes by daily and my daughter still lives at home, and I have my wine ;)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis