BREXIT

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: BREXIT

Post by bonzo »

tapnagol wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:48 pm I did also note that sports cars are to made in Scotland for first time in 30 yrs. wowee . I bet this news has BMW! MERCEDES! GENERAL MOTORS! FORD etc shaking in their boots.
Why would they?
Remember what grows from small acorns. Anyone willing to have a go at creating manufacturing jobs in Scotland has my admiration.
I myself for the past 2 years have been part of start up company trying to get a foothold against much larger companies and if I had your attitude I wouldn't have bothered.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

tapnagol wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:48 am To Meg. Soap box and get off post. Am I mistaken re the reason for these forums ?. Are they not for such debates, not everyone will agree with you Meg, and if you can' t stand the heat leave the kitchen. I have already posted an apology for unintentionally mistakenly misquoting you . Regards.
Tapnagol - to be misquoted AND attacked compelled me to defend myself. NOW - can I explain your mistake - you DID misquote and I responded pointing out your error. So, and I really mean this, your argumentative point wasn’t with any regard to ANYTHING I posted and your attack on me was TOTALLY unmerited. (I am purposely using upper case to shout). I have stopped posting anything on this forum that might be considered contentious because of previous personal attacks - we have lost a LOT of regular posters because of this kind of action - so if someone has a go for a particularly anodyne post I will, quite rightly defend myself.

The reason for THIS forum, I don’t know the terms of reference for any other, is to reunite people from the 3ts and to exchange memories from growing up - not to have someone try to tell anyone how wrong their viewpoint is.

Your apology for misquoting me came FOUR days after my response - you were just a bit tardy since you had been on the site at least three times since my response.

Please remember I do this moderating post on a voluntary basis and do not need someone to tell me when to “get out the kitchen” - if you think you can do as well or even better as a moderator, just contact Hughie - volunteers are ALWAYS welcome.

Now, can we get back on topic please.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

I apologised at the first opportonity. On this point what more can I say. Will I wear sackcloth an ashes for a month , would that suffice. If I have read your latest post, correctly it would appear that we should all just have a wee chat and ignore anything that might be considered contentious. I have followed and enjoyed engaging in several and my opinions have been questioned by many. This is what honest, unfettered debate is all about. I know that you are a moderator by choice, you should look to yourself instead of ctitisising me for not favouring such a post for myself. You should also remember that you are a MODERATOR and not a CENSOR.I will continue to argue my point of view.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Bonzo wrote about ' Small Acorns and Great Oaktrees '. It was not my intention to denigrate such entrepreneurs as he . It was more of a general comment. I wish the Company he referred to, and himself, success in the future. Of course he is absolutely correct. They are the future.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Thank you tapnagol, it's a sair fecht but we're getting there.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Are you still working in 'Incubation' bonzo?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Sure am Michael.