what a scam!

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

what a scam!

Post by glenshena »

Taking my rental car back to Glasgow Airport I carefully followed directions to Car Rental returns/pick up drop off. There are two lanes, the other one goes to the M8 and all other routes. After the drop off point you come to a barrier (3) where I had to pay 2 euro to get through to the Car Rental Park. Incredible. When I complained to the Rental Officer, she said 'there is usually a man at the barrier who lets you through,' There was NO man there so I had to fork out the 2 euro. She said I should have taken the lane that said M8 and all other roads and that I am not the first to complain! However she gave me a credit for 2 euro on my next rental, which will not be anytime soon. I'll probably forget about it by then. Beware, this 'tax' has to be paid by everyone who drops off people at the airport. Incredible. :-x
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: what a scam!

Post by bonzo »

Kinda sums airports up, anything to get a quid off you :evil:
Other than that I hope you enjoyed your trip hame to the shire :good:
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: what a scam!

Post by glenshena »

Yes Bonzo. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for asking.We more or less do the same things each time, we just stick to shopping and eating locally. My long drives up north are over. It's also getting harder for me to do the journey over and back, but when I'm here I love it. Who cares about the bad weather! 👍👍👍