Bird Habits !!

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Bird Habits !!

Post by Vivc113 »

bonzo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:48 am You never know, have you ever tried feeding someone a fish finger? You might get the same reaction :lol:
Funny !!!! :lol:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 am Yesterday I gave young 'Red' a fish finger. Went down a storm. Red landed on my wrist, and looked up as if I was God (worth it for that moment). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Don't ever see that expression on anybody else's face !!!! :lol:
I take it was a Birdseye fishfinger? I once saw a pigeon devour a piece of slice sausage. Incidently Viv they love dry rice, try some (on the birds) and see the reaction.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Yes. Birdseye fish.

I will try rice at some point.

Had a visit from a cat today (for the 2nd time). Dunno who it belongs to. Immaculate ginger cat. It spent 2 hours prowling around before miaowing to be let out.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I read or heard in the past dried rice isn't good for birds as it will swell up inside them and cause problems.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

morag wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:13 pm I read or heard in the past dried rice isn't good for birds as it will swell up inside them and cause problems.
Yes Morag that is probably true but if you restrict the feed and make sure there is water available then rice is fine. Incidently Viv that cat will be a menace to your birds so hunt it. A lot of folk think they are nice but they are psychopaths and they are armed with unbelievable claws.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I will try to get rid.

It was raining heavily yesterday and, when it saw the showers, it did not want to go outside. It's no daft. :lol:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I've taken in many strays over the years. The last bunch a mix, feral, semi feral and sweethearts, mum, 3 daughters 2 sons. I keep them all indoors. My late husband and my daughter, bliddy cat magnets!
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

morag wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 am I've taken in many strays over the years. The last bunch a mix, feral, semi feral and sweethearts, mum, 3 daughters 2 sons. I keep them all indoors. My late husband and my daughter, bliddy cat magnets!
I actually prefer dogs, to be honest. I find cats too independent - I like the neediness of dogs.

This cat of yesterday is definitely no stray - it was an immaculate ginger and white number that seemed to know exactly where it was going when it left.

I quite admired the brass neck. Heavy rain, so it curled up on the sofa at one point, had a wee bit of fish finger, some milk, then when the weather improved, it wanted out. :lol:

Over here Morag, you can't really just take in animals assuming them to be strays, because they may not be. Best to take to a vet or police station really. Plus all dogs these days are digitally chipped I believe, or they are supposed to be anyway.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Viv have you seen your pussy out after dark. If so then it may be a stray who makes the rounds looking for food and is well kent and indulged by animal lovers like yourself. Hence its prime condition. I know that some folk still put their cat out at night in all weathers but I think this is an old fashioned idea.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

The take ins I've taken are obviously not cared for or owned...at least with me they get vet care, food, shelter...I live between a highway and a busy front street and have seen too many wee dead bodies, not so many now, hardly a one. :)
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:38 pm Viv have you seen your pussy out after dark. If so then it may be a stray who makes the rounds looking for food and is well kent and indulged by animal lovers like yourself. Hence its prime condition. I know that some folk still put their cat out at night in all weathers but I think this is an old fashioned idea.
I have not seen the animal at night !!

The thing is : with the heavy rain and all the dirt around, no way could a stray show up looking this clean. I mean, this is a ginger n white cat and the white bits of its fur are like snow.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

i'm more a dog person too though haven't one now. Looking into it though!
C.S.Lewis