Bird Habits !!

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Bird Habits !!

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:09 pm Viv be very careful what you do around sinks. The Chinese believe that a spirit lives in the u bend of a sink and to pour boiling water down there will bring you bad luck. .
Never heard of this one (!!) :lol:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Walking to work this morning I spotted a big craw picking it's way through a dug keeck :surprised: there must be better things than that lying around to eat at half 6 in the morning :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Well tonight I have managed to make a complete display of myself. In fact, this has gone all day.

Bought a cheesecake as a reward for not cancelling the dentist today. I decided to give just a wee bit to my birds and went outside and threw it up in the air, only narrowly missing the electricity man, there to read the meter.

Now on the sherry.

:oops:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Vivc113 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:19 pm Well tonight I have managed to make a complete display of myself. In fact, this has gone all day.

Bought a cheesecake as a reward for not cancelling the dentist today. I decided to give just a wee bit to my birds and went outside and threw it up in the air, only narrowly missing the electricity man, there to read the meter.

Now on the sherry.

:oops:
//funny ...sounds like something I'd do!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Remember a trip to Arran a few years ago with a good friend who brought her twin niece's along. The pair of them were only about 8/9 years old and as you'd expect, were full of fun.
Before boarding the ferry for the trip back to Ardrossan we bought chips from the chippy at the pier and after leaving Brodick we all went up on deck close to the rows of seat's that are at the back of the boat.
To cut a long story short, the two wee lassies and me started throwing a few handfuls of chips in the air for the accompanying gulls to catch, but the way the wind was blowing many of the chips landed on folk who were sitting on the seats.

Comedy gold at the time.
Last edited by michaelm on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:58 pm Walking to work this morning I spotted a big craw picking it's way through a dug keeck :surprised: there must be better things than that lying around to eat at half 6 in the morning :lol:
You could have dipped into the tuck box mrs b sent you on the way with, bet the poor craw would have loved it !! :think:

where's the bike....

edit - if that was me leaving a poor burd in the s...t- i would me lynched :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hahaha, it looked as if it was enjoying it, I can only assume the dog had been fed on some kind of dry food with oats and alike in it. Hopefully back on the bike in a week or so the aulder I get the longer it takes tae heal :(
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

morag wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:47 am
brian f wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:08 pm good one bonzo //funny

Viv and Morag, I would feel very uncomfortable picking this pigeon up and that would probably have meant this bird would have been severely stressed if it was not already. Sometimes you have to let nature take it's course.
I had a hanging bird feeder an a pigeon, or dove got it's foot entangled and was just hanging there, so went out talking quietly to it, untangled it's foot and away it flew, don't know who's heart was beating faster! In your case Brian, would have covered it with a towel, jumper or something and picked it up and put it in a safe place. I also rescue insects, exhausted bees, sugar water cure, catch and release beasties in the hoose, not ants though...impossible! :lol:
Morag-i picked a slug up in a tissue which managed to get through the front door and put it on the grass outside which reminds me of a lovely lady from India i had the pleasure of knowing recently who practices Jainism.You are a nice wee bird from Stevenston : :D
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

You are a nice wee bird from Stevenston
Brian...ah'm a wee saftie! :roll: Always have been. I'm not a violent person but it wouldn't take much if I saw anyone hurting another living thing, slowly moving away from eating meat...
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The best birds ur always frae Stevenston :puter
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Sure ye'll get intae hot water wi' that...lol, Hughie, hauns tied! :lol:
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Feral pigeons at the Ardrossan Marina. There are apertures in the wall at the entrance to the marina, something to do with a winding mechanism at one time because you can see pulley wheels. Well pigeons nest in there and enjoy being there but their squabs must be brought up in almost total darkness. They look well on it.