The Ship Inn

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Ship Inn

Post by bonzo »

John Donnelly wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:47 pm
[/quote wrote:
For me, it's the attitude of the folk.
I like going to Irvine, there seems to be a bit of 'get-up-and-go' about the people there.
In TTT I always seem to see the folk slouching along in trainers and even sand-shoes, all very down-at-heel and no sense of nicely-turned-out clothes. And no one seems to have a smile on their face. Many shops and buildings have flaking paint. It depresses the life out of me on visits home. I always look forward to my visits so much and then feel dumped when I get there.
We've been here before - regularly. They can't blame the council, the SNP, the IDA, the government (Edinburgh or Westminster) or anybody else except themselves.
It's get off your a**s time. What's going to happen tomorrow that didn't happen today which is going to make things better? Who's going to present you with a nice new environment, free, gratis and for nothing, where you're going to feel happy and content?
There are enough empty shops and premises that could be made into such cafes and restaurants as you describe in Irvine.
I think the grey clouds and threatening rain outside are making me awful depressed here the day.
JD.
JD are you talking about the same Irvine as the one I live in? I walk through the town and sometimes it's like the village of the damned, junkies and alike stoating about everywhere.

Sure they have tarted up the bridgegate and as Bruce says the harbouside is trying to be a bit artsy/bohemian, but to me it's papering over the cracks. Incidentally what's wrong wae trainers I wouldn't wear anything else. :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Bonzo you are correct it has the same problems as many other places. Some of the retailers in Saltcoats refer to Dockhead street as zombie street.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

The last time I was in the Ship would be about seven years ago and it was made clear to this guy who expected waitress service that this was a pub and not a restaurant that he should collect his food at the bar. I bet that is no longer the case.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I've sat at the bar manys a night always get the feel it's a restaurant no a pub. :(
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Do they still have lamb shank on the menu?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

That's what I had last time I was in, delicious //perfect
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »