The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Hughie »

Back to school today here after the summer holidays - only one grandkid left at primary school. Oh, and Bobby and I are back in the men's kitchen today after our summer holidays. Usually we make a roast or have a BBQ the first day back. :)
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hughie wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:16 pm Back to school today here after the summer holidays - only one grandkid left at primary school. Oh, and Bobby and I are back in the men's kitchen today after our summer holidays. Usually we make a roast or have a BBQ the first day back. :)
Thank goodness you two are back cooking, although I think Betty and I will need to provide tonight’s meal if you have a bbq.

We have 2 grandkids in primary school, 1 in high school and 2 at Uni. Gee only seems like yesterday we were picking up the oldest from kindergarten.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

How is Storm Ciara affecting you ? Heard on the news tonight it could be one of the worst storms this century. Think i will take that.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

2 panels blown out of my fence, bloody global warming. Other than that haven't been over the door all day.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Watch out for Dennis the Menace :evil:
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

bonzo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm Mrs bonzo is making red onion chutney today for Christmas. I thought I would do a good turn and volunteered tae peel the onions. Bad move there was at least 20 of them tae be peeled and chopped. My eyes are still streaming :lol:
Christmas is past but for next year try this Bonzo. What we have in Italy is a Mezzaluna (half moon) knife which enables you to close your eyes while chopping the onions, //perfect though it may not work for 20 onions - thats a heck of a lot to chop. I'm sure they will sell these knives in GB also.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

brian f wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm Watch out for Dennis the Menace :evil:
I've been meaning to ask. How did you get on in Ayrshire? I saw a lot of football cancelled at the weekend.
Here in NL we had dire warnings about it, but in the end, we had very little trouble.
Nothing to do with Dennis, but I mentioned earlier about being more woried about the big rivers coming down from the Alps.
The Rhine at one point was 13.5 metres, (40+ feet), above its average level, but gave no trouble. There are large areas of flood-basins, which are left open and which are allowed to fill up when needed. In the summer they're used for cattle grazing.

JD.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 pm 2 panels blown out of my fence, bloody global warming. Other than that haven't been over the door all day.
global warming. Hope i have not spoken too soon. Winters are nothing now in the UK the past few years. Just dreich.

But the water bills will go up within 3 days of drought later in the year. :roll:
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

John Donnelly wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:42 am
brian f wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm Watch out for Dennis the Menace :evil:
I've been meaning to ask. How did you get on in Ayrshire? I saw a lot of football cancelled at the weekend.
JD.
I take it that the lack of replies to this, means that Ayrshire escaped any real trouble.
JD.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

I take it that the lack of replies to this, means that Ayrshire escaped any real trouble.
Except it's now called North Lararkshire

Channel 4 news had a guy who trains and races Huskies in the Cairngorms and in the last 5 years the climate change means the snows season has dropped to 3 months from 7 months, and he can no longer continue ..Think it said he is the last to do the job, his son (doing the same job) makes a living in Canada
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Does nobody like boxing :think: