The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:19 pm Mushrooms are interesting when they grow in the wild. In season they rise with the moon especially the full moon in November. If you ever gather them in the early morning they are delicious, not like the farmed stuff. I myself have gathered and eaten loads, delicious fried with bacon in the pan.
I'm told the taste of certain types of wild Mushrooms is magical. :lol:
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Actually the common mushroom is harmless but yes there are the magic mushrooms which I have never tried.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

OK, so I'd to get up in the middle of the night to pee...no, I didn't put the light in, thought the moonlight streaming through the shutters would be fine, stubbed ma wee toe getting back to bed, bloody painful, think it's broken! Where's the gin when you need it! :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yep, done that too Morag thought i'd save on electricity or perhaps get back to sleep more quickly and then stubbing my wee toe which is really sore. Cursing and vowing never to step out in the dark again. Ouch!
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:29 pm Yep, done that too Morag thought i'd save on electricity or perhaps get back to sleep more quickly and then stubbing my wee toe which is really sore. Cursing and vowing never to step out in the dark again. Ouch!
Yep, it was more of the 'don't really wake up' thing..I actually swore out loud! lol! Think I actually used the eff word!
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

We took a wee doner to Irvine harbour this morning it was good to feel a bit of heat in the sun.
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I think most of us love birds. There is a terrible photo of a sparrow hawk pinning down a starling in the Times to-day. The hawk is face to face with the starling and has its talons dug into the unfortunate birds entrails. I think most of us would have chased off the hawk instead of taking that photograph. What's wrong with people?
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I know, I think that often, 'yeah, just stand there and video or take photos' morons! :roll:
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

But surely this is the cirlce of life? The hawk is catching a meal, if you scare it off it has hunted for nothing. It's the same when you see big cats hunting down an impala or the like. Just because no one films it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Yes. But this ijit with the camera should have dived on in there. Mr Hawk could have come to my hoose for some bread.

I have the dentist today. Have cancelled so many times they rang me up to confirm the appointment. Total embarassment. Really do not wish to go.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Don't think the hawk would thank you for a piece unless there was a stucky inbetween two slice of bread :lol:
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:22 am Yes. But this ijit with the camera should have dived on in there. Mr Hawk could have come to my hoose for some bread.

I have the dentist today. Have cancelled so many times they rang me up to confirm the appointment. Total embarassment. Really do not wish to go.
Yes Viv its no jolk. I have had the same chap for 40 years and he is a first class dentist. One day we were talking about stuff and he said you know its a laugh a minute in here and his assistant gave him an old fashioned look.